Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could possibly be getting a Slot-2 device but i don't know which one!

It is either:

EZ4 Lite Compact (MicroSD Version)

or

EZ-FLASH V Expansion Pack

Which one should i go for?

Will i need extra software to play GBA Roms off the Slot-2 device (using my R4 to boot the slot-2 device)

How about the internet browser? i need to patch it right?

Do you just select the third icon from the R4 menu to boot the Slot-2 device?

captain^k

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
get the ez v 3-in-1 - it has ram for opera (there's a patch on the net to make it work with this ram pack) plus there is a rumble pack and gba flash that you can use.

Slippy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could possibly be getting a Slot-2 device but i don't know which one!

It is either:

EZ4 Lite Compact (MicroSD Version)

or

EZ-FLASH V Expansion Pack

Which one should i go for?

Will i need extra software to play GBA Roms off the Slot-2 device (using my R4 to boot the slot-2 device)

How about the internet browser? i need to patch it right?

Do you just select the third icon from the R4 menu to boot the Slot-2 device?

For the expansion pack:

you will need to use the EZ4 client to patch gba roms for them to save correctly. You will also need a loader to load gba roms to the cart. There are a few different options. This forum should give you an idea of what options are available for that.

Yes you need a patch to use the browser. You should be able to find it on the forum listed above as well.

To play gba roms on the expansion pack you can use the 3rd icon on the R4 menu to start them if they are loaded into NOR flash memory. The loader applications that put gba games on the expansion pack will also softreset directly into the gba game once it's loaded.

I can't answer your questions for the EZ4 since i've never used one, but I'm sure you'd use the EZ4 client to patch gba roms for that as well. And I don't think the internet browser works for it. I know there was a patch for a few slot-2 devices (besides the expansion pack) but I forget which ones it was for.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why everyone keeps saying you need to patch opera? I load rudolphs tool. Go to the ram expansion option, hit A. The DS soft-resets and then I load DS Browser. I have never patched anything and it works great.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can only "store" one rom at a time on the exp pack. Roms are stored on your microsd card in your slot1 device. Yes, GBA Roms too. I know that sounds weird but if you read about how rudolphs 3n1 tool works it will make more sense.

retman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait....but my Micro SD Card can hold more than one GBA rom, cant i just select any rom from my Micro SD Card from the menu on the EZ-FLASH V Expansion Pack?

and when i am finished, select another one from my Card.

D

Deleted User

I think that it's because it's transferred to the memory in the expansion so the amount you can have is limited. There's a way to have more than one it seems though (link given above)

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can have more than one GBA Rom stored on your microsd. But Rudolphs tool loads one into the limited amount of memory on the exp pack. You play it, then when you are done you load a new GBA Rom into the memory of the exp pack. You can have one rom that stays in the memory of the exp pack even if you shut off the DS. Other than that you must load a rom from you microSD to the exp pack before you can play it. Really it is much easier than it sounds. Rudolphs tool is a wonderful app that makes using the 3n1 exp pack with a slot 1 device incredibly easy. Follow the link I listed above and it will all make sense.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally think so. It works great, loading games to PSRAM is quick, and I am yet to have any issues with saves or compatibility issues (had one small issue w/ Mario Advance 4 but I had failed to patch it). Its a great investment and by far the cheapest of the slot 2 solutions for playing GBA games.

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hi-jack this thread but it might help you with the purchase of EZ 3 in 1
tongue.gif

betawind,

what patcher do you recommend, EZ4-Client or GBATA?

what loader do you recommend, NDStation or Rudolph's 3in1 ExpPack?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety