R4 Revolution Fake or Real?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by X3Flame, Jan 1, 2009.

Jan 1, 2009

R4 Revolution Fake or Real? by X3Flame at 10:38 PM (3,508 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. X3Flame
    OP

Newcomer X3Flame Member

Canada
    Hey guys...

I just got an R4 revolution from a friend as a gift and now I have two. But.. They're kinda different. The cartridges are both black but one of them has SDHC written on it and the other doesnt. I did some surfing and found out that R4 does not support SDHC cards so I'm wondering... Why does one say SDHC on it? Is it a fake or something? Some other things I noticed were that the cart that said SDHC on it has a small screw on teh back while the other doesn't. Also, when I put a micro SD into the SDHC card, the edge sticks out while it fits perfectly on my other R4... Another thing is that on the box of the R4 SDHC card, it says "New" at the top but on my other, it doesn't. I need help determining why these are different but I mainly want to know if one of them is fake.

EDIT: I bought a MicroSDHC 4GB card just recently and it seems to work perfectly on both R4's even though people say that R4 does not support SDHC cards...

I dont want to destroy my DS!

Thanks...

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

In that case ...they must be both fakes!

A real R4 has and will NEVER support SDHC! its a hardware issue!

there's a guide in my signature that tells you what to look for in real and fake R4's [​IMG]

3. X3Flame
    OP

Newcomer X3Flame Member

Canada
    Finally! Thanks for telling me...And your guide is awesome...

But I guess its time to get a new R4! [​IMG]

4. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    It's probably a good idea to get a different Flashcart altogether: have a butchers at the reviews section (particularly the CycloDS, the Acekard 2, and the M3 Real), paying close attention to which are Clones/Fakes. Practically every card on the market nowadays is better than the Genuine R4, and it's practically impossible to get hold of a genuine R4 nowadays because they aren't actually made anymore (almost all the ones you will see are fakes). [​IMG]

5. Nadz

Newcomer Nadz Member

Australia
  6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon

Why get a new R4 when you can get a better one such as the Acekard 2, Cyclo DS, etc.

7. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    Ya why get an R4 when you can get Cyclo Ds?

8. X3Flame
    OP

Newcomer X3Flame Member

Canada
    Ya...I guess so...

The R4 is pretty much dead as well and i dont want to risk getting another clone...I know that realhotstuff has legit R4's but i think ill be better off with a CycloDS or an Acekard...

Thanks for all ur help guys... [​IMG]

9. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Nice to see you saw the difference. Anyway the guys of GBAtemp have selected out most of the Flashcards and reviewed them go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8

10. meateater

Newcomer meateater Member

United States
    I bought my R4-III just prior to finding this site. Its latest update was made available on 12/27, and so far I haven't encountered a game I couldn't play. But if I ever do, I think I'll buy an Acekard 2 based on the reviews I've read here.