X3Flame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys...

I just got an R4 revolution from a friend as a gift and now I have two. But.. They're kinda different. The cartridges are both black but one of them has SDHC written on it and the other doesnt. I did some surfing and found out that R4 does not support SDHC cards so I'm wondering... Why does one say SDHC on it? Is it a fake or something? Some other things I noticed were that the cart that said SDHC on it has a small screw on teh back while the other doesn't. Also, when I put a micro SD into the SDHC card, the edge sticks out while it fits perfectly on my other R4... Another thing is that on the box of the R4 SDHC card, it says "New" at the top but on my other, it doesn't. I need help determining why these are different but I mainly want to know if one of them is fake.

EDIT: I bought a MicroSDHC 4GB card just recently and it seems to work perfectly on both R4's even though people say that R4 does not support SDHC cards...

I dont want to destroy my DS!

Thanks...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X3Flame said:
Hey guys...

I just got an R4 revolution from a friend as a gift and now I have two. But.. They're kinda different. The cartridges are both black but one of them has SDHC written on it and the other doesnt. I did some surfing and found out that R4 does not support SDHC cards so I'm wondering... Why does one say SDHC on it? Is it a fake or something? Some other things I noticed were that the cart that said SDHC on it has a small screw on teh back while the other doesn't. Also, when I put a micro SD into the SDHC card, the edge sticks out while it fits perfectly on my other R4... Another thing is that on the box of the R4 SDHC card, it says "New" at the top but on my other, it doesn't. I need help determining why these are different but I mainly want to know if one of them is fake.

EDIT: I bought a MicroSDHC 4GB card just recently and it seems to work perfectly on both R4's even though people say that R4 does not support SDHC cards...

I dont want to destroy my DS!

Thanks...

In that case ...they must be both fakes!

A real R4 has and will NEVER support SDHC! its a hardware issue!

there's a guide in my signature that tells you what to look for in real and fake R4's
smile.gif

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's probably a good idea to get a different Flashcart altogether: have a butchers at the reviews section (particularly the CycloDS, the Acekard 2, and the M3 Real), paying close attention to which are Clones/Fakes. Practically every card on the market nowadays is better than the Genuine R4, and it's practically impossible to get hold of a genuine R4 nowadays because they aren't actually made anymore (almost all the ones you will see are fakes).
yaynds.gif

X3Flame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya...I guess so...

The R4 is pretty much dead as well and i dont want to risk getting another clone...I know that realhotstuff has legit R4's but i think ill be better off with a CycloDS or an Acekard...

Thanks for all ur help guys...
yaypsp.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
X3Flame said:
Ya...I guess so...

The R4 is pretty much dead as well and i dont want to risk getting another clone...I know that realhotstuff has legit R4's but i think ill be better off with a CycloDS or an Acekard...

Thanks for all ur help guys...
yaypsp.gif

Nice to see you saw the difference. Anyway the guys of GBAtemp have selected out most of the Flashcards and reviewed them go to http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dynamic=8

meateater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my R4-III just prior to finding this site. Its latest update was made available on 12/27, and so far I haven't encountered a game I couldn't play. But if I ever do, I think I'll buy an Acekard 2 based on the reviews I've read here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo