Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a link to a 8gb microsd:

8GB MicroSD

sams_8gb_microsd_1.jpg

So there will be 4gb cards about soon but I think the R4DS could support 8gb cards with software updates in the near future or there will be a newer card with the support.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
4GB non-SDHC cards exist. To use them, you have to format them with 64K clusters, (or Partition them into smaller sizes? unsure if that would work)

And there is no magical software update that will enable R4 to use SDHC.

And why do you care. DS games aren't that big.

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
4GB non-SDHC cards exist. To use them, you have to format them with 64K clusters, (or Partition them into smaller sizes? unsure if that would work)

So, to work a SDHC card with a normal device (wich isn't support SDHC cards) is just to format it with FAT(16) and 64K cluster?
icon14.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
i think theyll release a 4gb non sdhc, when they come out with new chips

I doubt it. I think the whole reason for microSDHC was that the regular microSD format has reached it's limit in terms of memory capacity.

The only things microSDHCs and regular microSDs have in common are their sizes AFAIK.

Would a firmware update bring SDHC functionality to the R4DS? (I doubt it somehow)
No, firmware is stored ON the SD card so how would the R4 read the new firmware from the SDHC in the first place?

It is possible for a 4GB non-SDHC MicroSD to be made, there has been non-SDHC 4GB standard SD cards out on the market for a while.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got a 4gb sd for my gp2x, where can I find a 4gb microsd(non microsdHC)

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
to adding sdhc support to r4: Isnt it possible for someone to make a peice of soft ware which loads into ram(like flashme) that enables the r4 to use sdhc?

like, after it loads into ram, you put the sdhc into the r4 slot, get the program to read it and "translate" it to code the r4 can read, then save stuff?

it would have to be done every time you wanted to use a sd hc, but couldnt that be possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf