Hacking R4 help

pokemonkickbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i recently had to format my sd card im using for my r4 but my r4 had already been updated to the latest firmware.
do i have to update again? and if i do i have to wait till a more recent patch to update since my system is close to the recent patch?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If by "firmware" you mean ACTUAL firmware (the stuff you update on your cart that lets it run on DSi/3DS updates), then no, that's stored internally, not on the MicroSD.

If instead you mean the software (Wood/AKAIO/YSmenu/Moonshell/Whatever), then yeah you'd need to put that back on for it to run.

pokemonkickbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant the official updates but that makes me feel better but I'm also having issues with some games no loading with either staying on a black screen or going to white screen.I'm not sure what that is, I know for some games that i used to be able to load that happening and I'm not sure what to do about dragon quest 9 since i saw that was a common problem but i have no idea where to find a fix for that.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I meant the official updates but that makes me feel better but I'm also having issues with some games no loading with either staying on a black screen or going to white screen.I'm not sure what that is, I know for some games that i used to be able to load that happening and I'm not sure what to do about dragon quest 9 since i saw that was a common problem but i have no idea where to find a fix for that.
What exact model cart?
What's the site printed on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)