R4 for 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mariosegafreak, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Mariosegafreak
    OP

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    I have an R4i RTS. If you don't know what it is, it is a clone of a R4 or something. the site is gone, so If I screw up there is no way of fixing it... It works on the DSi 1.4.
    Is there any way of changing the header so the 3DS/DSi doesn't think that it's a flashcart? The flashcart hasn't been updated since 2010.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I haven't heard of an update coming from anybody else than the original team. If it's a 1:1 clone of something else you can try the original's updates, but companies have been known to make updates fail or kill the cart when a clone is detected, and even if that's not the case a failed/incorrect update will brick the cart.

Buy yourself a cart that's actually got some damned support and save a headache.

3. sentinel5000

sentinel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2008
    Get an R4i Gold 3DS cheap and problem solved.

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
  5. Mariosegafreak
    OP

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    There aren't any R4 updates, even on the original cart. Just loader updates.

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I'm not talking what it's named after, but what the hardware is modeled after, if it's a clone... but if it's original hardware you're fucked, and if it's a clone you still need to find out what it's a clone of on a technical level.

Buy a decent cart.

7. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    What is the website for the R4i RTS anyway? I'm interested to know which cart your talking about mariosegageek. Isn't the R4i RTS being supported by the team at www.r4isdhc.com? Go check, and see if your cart isn't pictured there. :)