Hacking R4 for 3DS?

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i RTS. If you don't know what it is, it is a clone of a R4 or something. the site is gone, so If I screw up there is no way of fixing it... It works on the DSi 1.4.
Is there any way of changing the header so the 3DS/DSi doesn't think that it's a flashcart? The flashcart hasn't been updated since 2010.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of an update coming from anybody else than the original team. If it's a 1:1 clone of something else you can try the original's updates, but companies have been known to make updates fail or kill the cart when a clone is detected, and even if that's not the case a failed/incorrect update will brick the cart.

Buy yourself a cart that's actually got some damned support and save a headache.

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard of an update coming from anybody else than the original team. If it's a 1:1 clone of something else you can try the original's updates, but companies have been known to make updates fail or kill the cart when a clone is detected, and even if that's not the case a failed/incorrect update will brick the cart.

Buy yourself a cart that's actually got some damned support and save a headache.
There aren't any R4 updates, even on the original cart. Just loader updates.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the website for the R4i RTS anyway? I'm interested to know which cart your talking about mariosegageek. Isn't the R4i RTS being supported by the team at www.r4isdhc.com? Go check, and see if your cart isn't pictured there. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...