Homebrew R4 flashcard broke upon starting game

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flaxel
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,157
  • Replies Replies 3

Flaxel

New Member
Newbie
Joined
Sep 14, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Trophies
0
Age
26
XP
107
Country
Sweden
Some time ago I purchased a flashcard (currently unable to upload image)
Text on it says:
R4
DS 1,41 upgrade
Revolution for
3DS DSi XL/LL DSL DS
V2.0 3DS UPGRADE
(link)

I bought it for my DSi XL and it worked fine for a while but after starting one particular game on it (came preinstalled) it crashed and stopped working altogether on my DSi XL.
From the on it only ran on my DS lite.

Any ideas about what could cause this? Is it fixable?

Sorry if I'm missing some info, newcomer to this.
Also please note if I missed anything in the thread.
 
What is that?
Certain flash cards (mainly fake ones) have a timebomb that kills the r4 on a set day so you would have to buy another one there are fixes for this most notably by changing your dsi’s date to before the set date of the timebomb (i’d say set the time back a couple of years)
 

Site & Scene News