United Kingdom
Anyone's got the firmware for this one?
PXL_20230326_193920102.jpg

Digigix2

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello im looking for a firmware for this R4 with behind writted "R4i-SDHC 5" (red pcb btw)
I've tried the v.1.85b French version and it didnt worked
I have also formatted the sd card with a mac on FAT.

IMG_3775.JPG

dorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, got this card, and tried the official kernel but screen is stuck on loading. Any suggestion? on what kernel should be used?

R4ç.JPG

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got this cart awhile back. Was able to get it working with BL2CK 1.31.0. Does anybody know what the official kernel is. Using BL2CK the cart is unable to run TWiLight Menu. Hoping someone may be aware of what the the official kernel is so I can try it. Thanks is advance.

Attachments

• r4i-3dsnew.com.JPG
    r4i-3dsnew.com.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: SylverReZ

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Got this cart awhile back. Was able to get it working with BL2CK 1.31.0. Does anybody know what the official kernel is. Using BL2CK the cart is unable to run TWiLight Menu. Hoping someone may be aware of what the the official kernel is so I can try it. Thanks is advance.
I wonder if these carts can be reflashed to run different firmware kernels. Like flashing the FPGA on the card itself. GodMode9 can do it. I just don't know what firmware dumps can run on what carts. @FlareReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if these carts can be reflashed to run different firmware kernels. Like flashing the FPGA on the card itself. GodMode9 can do it. I just don't know what firmware dumps can run on what carts. @FlareReZ
@stl25 The cart you have looks to be one of the r4isdhc.hk carts before they changed their PCBs to Ace3DS+, these are Acekard clones so these should run fine with BL2CK and TWiLight Menu++.

The FPGA cannot be reprogrammed except for the SPI flash, which handles the cartridge checks. The flash is encrypted as far as I am aware.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@stl25 The cart you have looks to be one of the r4isdhc.hk carts before they changed their PCBs to Ace3DS+, these are Acekard clones so these should run fine with BL2CK and TWiLight Menu++.

The FPGA cannot be reprogrammed except for the SPI flash, which handles the cartridge checks. The flash is encrypted as far as I am aware.

@FlareReZ, thank you for your response, The cart runs BL2CK 1.31.0 fine and will load TWiLight Menu, however the cart will not save any settings (settings.ini not created) and white screens when attempting to load any rom.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The card does indeed run BL2CK and will launch TWiLight Menu++ but the issue for me is that DLDI access for writing the nds-bootstrap and settings.ini was incorrect thus the cart will not load roms. Digging around I stumbled upon the answer. This url: https://web.archive.org/web/2014050...cn/r4isdhc-white/r4isdhc-whiteEnglish1.38.rar contained the correct DLDI for my card. Funny thing is the kernel itself will not run on my card but the DLDI file works with BL2CK and enables me to use TWiLight Menu++ now. I hope this can help others who may have this same card or the similar PCB from another clone manufacturer. Thank you for all your support.

Reactions: Jayro and SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM