1. cheekydollar

cheekydollar Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Got my R4 from DealExtreme - and it works a treat! Woohoo

2. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    Ordered mine from Dealextreme 5 days ago for the R4 + microSD combo. Seems like there's a packaging delay. They said they're still waiting for the dealer's package to arrive [​IMG]

3. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    haha i dont have an R4. i dont even know why im in this forum =]

4. jono_

jono_ GBAtemp Fan

waiting for 3 to arrive from deal extreme,

planning on ordering a few more.
    quite a business in my area for them

5. moshii

moshii GBAtemp Regular

Got mine from Minionlinestore.. the most gansta of all flashcart sellers, got to Gibraltar no problem and works super with a cheapy microsd I bought on the high street.. Kingston Japan blah blah my rear.

6. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    did it happen to be made in japan? lol

and yeah, i doubt there's so much of a difference like people say...but its always good to be safe. and its only like...2 bucks more, if at all.

7. moshii

moshii GBAtemp Regular

Most peoples troubles with games are likely to be file fragmentation.. i.e. the file isn't stored in a linear fashion and thus the R4 has to stop and reissue commands to the microsd while the DS' interface is trying to burst. I doubt the R4 has any read buffer so to speak. Then they buy a new card and think "magic, because it's japanese it's better than a card produced in exactly the same fab".

8. mrxle3

mrxle3 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Refer to the numerous kingston taiwan vs. japan threads and you will realize that the two cards are actually not the same. In fact, their difference is astounding.

And for those with no problems, just try Castlevania PoR, the most troublesome game of all. My taiwan card was useless trying to run it, but my japan card runs it without a hitch after hours and hours.

9. magic09

magic09 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    silly microsd problems I just ordered my r4 but its backordered so who knows when it will come in [​IMG] no worries though I dont have any roms or anything any way (havent figured out where I'll get them but have some idea's) I'll just finally beat ff3 [​IMG]

10. moshii

moshii GBAtemp Regular

Right ok, so a Japanese card *seems* to fix the problem. But do you know the cause? Because you know, the speed of your card shouldn't be a problem because A: the R4DS is patching the DS cart accesses for every microsd card B: the DS carts are accessed in serial manner anyhoo and the DS fills a buffer with cart data. I've got a feeling it's more to do with how POR is coded than differences in microsd cards to be honest.
    If I had the time to disassemble it for you all and fix it I would. [​IMG]

11. thieves like us

thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    I guess that would explain why the 4 that I ordered haven't arrived either. so much for the "ships within 24hrs" that was listed next to the item when I placed my order about a week ago. [​IMG]

12. googleboy2

googleboy2 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have ordered from gameyeeeah.com and paid them using moneybookers. I am posting below the details.

Card Type: R4DS (without micro sd card)
    Price: 40$+5.5$ shipping
    Ordered from: gameyeeeah.com
    Shipped To: New Delhi (India)
    Shipping Method: Airmail (12-18 working days)
    Shipping date: 26th February
    Recieved date: 13th March

I would like to thank gemeyeeeah.com for making the shipment on time. I recommend their site to all.

Now the best thing. It took me 2 hours to buy a micro SD card from my local market in New Delhi. I was looking for a Toshiba or a Kingston Japan made card for which i hunted 20-30 shops. I saw 3 brands available in the shops. the most common one was Sandisk. But, almost every shop had the taiwan made cards. I looked out further and got this kingston 1GB card for 675 indian rupees. (45 indian rupees equals 1 US$) yes the serial is SD-C01G JAPAN. I am using it. I am happy. All the best to all with their purchases.

Thanks

13. F34R

F34R GBAtemp Regular

United States
    New owner of a R4, purchased from RHS. 3 days from order to arrival. standard shipping via USPS.

14. stretch

stretch Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    R4DS: $45.95 (-$5 for shipping included) from us.gameyeeeah.com

Came in the third day after order-date. Everything's fine, but I'm going to replace the USB reader just to be cautious.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - owners,