Hacking R4 can now use expansion pack for EZV

GatorDeb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked THANKS
biggrin.gif
Now I know that the BDF file is the patch, not the bat file.

bfoos

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got my 3 in 1 today. GBA and the browser are working great. Thanks for the info and thank you to BigBoss and cory1492 for the apps.
smile.gif

It would be sweet if we can take the guts out of the 3 in 1 and put them in the GBA dust cover. I don't think the screw holes will match up though.

captain^k

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Got my 3 in 1 today. GBA and the browser are working great. Thanks for the info and thank you to BigBoss and cory1492 for the apps.
smile.gif

It would be sweet if we can take the guts out of the 3 in 1 and put them in the GBA dust cover. I don't think the screw holes will match up though.

be sure to let us know how you get on if you try cause I am keen to know too
biggrin.gif

(but of course I don't wanna be the one that butchers his equipment to find out
unsure.gif
)

cklinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may be missing something, but saving doesn't work with copytest? I've tried the hitting B to save the SRAM, but can't find a save file within GBA/Save... am I doing something wrong? Is that saving SRAM doing something else entirely?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I may be missing something, but saving doesn't work with copytest? I've tried the hitting B to save the SRAM, but can't find a save file within GBA/Save... am I doing something wrong? Is that saving SRAM doing something else entirely?
When you flash a rom to the cart, copyTest creates a file called save.ini in the \GBA\Save folder that has the name of the game in it. When you press B, or flash a different rom to the cart, copyTest will write the contents of the SRAM to a .sav file for the game specified in save.ini. If save.ini does not exist, copyTest will not back up the SRAM to a file.

Which slot 1 flashcart are you using?

cklinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you flash a rom to the cart, copyTest creates a file called save.ini in the \GBA\Save folder that has the name of the game in it. When you press B, or flash a different rom to the cart, copyTest will write the contents of the SRAM to a .sav file for the game specified in save.ini. If save.ini does not exist, copyTest will not back up the SRAM to a file.

Which slot 1 flashcart are you using?

I'm using the R4... I've flashed (and reflashed) a few different roms to the Slot 2, but no .ini file exists...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could try creating the save.ini file manually, it's just a plain text file with the name of the .gba file in it. That probably won't work though. If copyTest can't write the save.ini file, it probably won't be able to write the save, either.

You guys are using the latest version of copyTest, right? It's currently at TR7.

Can other homebrew apps that use dldi write stuff to the card successfully?

cklinh: What OS are you using? The forward slash between GBA and Save makes me think it's probably not windows, so you may be having a variation of this problem: http://forums.r4ds.net/showthread.php?t=836

It seems that Pedro UK was having that same problem with Windows ME, so this may be worth checking out.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not using Windows ME! It's XP SP2 for me.

As far as DLDI homebrew goes I can run and save everything fine except for Scummvm DS which I can't get to run beyond choosing a game . Scumm's a really weird one even the author can't get to the bottom of it...

cklinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try creating the save.ini file manually, it's just a plain text file with the name of the .gba file in it. That probably won't work though. If copyTest can't write the save.ini file, it probably won't be able to write the save, either.

You guys are using the latest version of copyTest, right? It's currently at TR7.

Can other homebrew apps that use dldi write stuff to the card successfully?

cklinh: What OS are you using? The forward slash between GBA and Save makes me think it's probably not windows, so you may be having a variation of this problem: http://forums.r4ds.net/showthread.php?t=836

It seems that Pedro UK was having that same problem with Windows ME, so this may be worth checking out.

I am using TR7... and forget about the slashes... it was a brainfart on my part, was just typing it out at work...

As for other homebrew, the SNES emulator works just fine.

Meteo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be mixed answers about NDS-GBA linkage and this program.. so what works and doesnt work with respect to R4 and 3 in 1 linkage?

Artimes

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I get a graphical glitch with kingdomhearts com. I'm not sure if its just the rim but the first time i played the Sora sprite during battle was all white (so was his face pic. in the top left). I rebooted and the second time he was pitch black (also the face pic.). Is this common?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN brickd