OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
GBAplace.net
XP
Country
United States
Tim Russert always stood out being an honest, intelligent, genuinely likable guy among the rest of the media. It's men like him that should be "the face" of America to the rest of the world not Bush. He will be missed.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He definitely was the most tenacious interviewer of our time. No matter what the topic, he'd never let a politician off the hook without a proper answer to the question. I once saw him ask the same question to Newt Gingrich 9 TIMES IN A ROW until he finally gave a straight answer. We need more like him. He'll be missed.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, R.I.P.

Who could possibly replace him on "meet the press"?
frown.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You might be thinking of Bill O'Riley on FOX News Channel, gizmo.

Tim Russert worked for NBC, did the Meet the Press show that aired Sunday mornings I believe. Apparently MtP was one of the longest running shows of its kind. It's really bad how he went. Heartattack at work? Geez...He wasn't even that old to be honest, compared to CBS' Bob Schieffer.

...I love how I'm totally butchering surnames here, sorry.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Meet the Press is the longest running tv segment show on the air today and has had many hosts but he was the best of him. I'm very not into NBC or really just 'over the air' news bits at all but I've caught him on other venues including presidential debates and the guy had class and stuck to things.

And yes if you're thinking fox you're getting confused because the two big names in news there in the same age bracket are Bill O'Reilly who does a news/opinion based fairly neutral show, and then you got their semi-same tier interviewer/news guy who is following in daddy's footsteps Chris Wallace (Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes is daddy.)

What a crap way to go at 58 as he was in his prime far as TV goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1