Hacking Quick question about SNEEK.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I set up and start using SNEEK will it start saving my game saves to my sd or something or are game saves not part of the NAND?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game saves are part of the NAND and yes they will be saved there. You can copy them back to the real NAND easily enough with savegamemanagergx and some directory renaming

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will sneek make games save to my sd? (or usb if im using uneek)

also the sneek guide says SD support for Wii applications is currently disabled by default but what if i use UNEEK?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
MLRX said:
will sneek make games save to my sd? (or usb if im using uneek)

also the sneek guide says SD support for Wii applications is currently disabled by default but what if i use UNEEK?
1) Are you really shure you know what SNEEK is? SNEEK makes your SD/USB to the NAND. So to say it simple: ANYTHING from your Wii will be on the SD/USB.
2) Last time I've used UNEEK SD was enabled. But don't quote me on this, many things have changed until then.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i thought it was more like triiforce for your wii menu.
so i can just use savegamemanagergx on my real nand and then "install" the saves with savegamemanagergx to my sneek nand right?

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLRX said:
ok i thought it was more like triiforce for your wii menu.
so i can just use savegamemanagergx on my real nand and then "install" the saves with savegamemanagergx to my sneek nand right?
Yup, or you could make a dump of your real NAND and all the saves will be copied with it. The file structure for savegamemanagergx and sneek are different so you'll have to do a little copying around on your pc

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks
smile.gif

also about how long does it take sneek to do its first start up because its been like 10 mins and the wii slot is still flashing

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNEEK will take about 5-10 min.
UNEEK will take about 10-15 sec

BTW, unless you don't mind long loading times for channels and the system menu, I recommend that you use UNEEK+DI. It's a good deal faster than SNEEK+DI.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i set up uneek (non di) and wait at the black screen and then in like ten seconds it starts blinking 1 time to signal that the TMD of the requested title is missing.. wth is that?

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means that you didn't install the system menu or the system menu IOS properly.

Did you properly use ShowMiiWads to install SM 4.3 and IOS 80 to the USB drive? You are using a completely fresh nand, right?

Also, in NUS Downloader, there's an option to simulate a Wii System Update. This will create a download script. Check the box in NUSD to pack into a WAD and then load the script. After it's finished, you will have a folder for each title that it downloaded and a wad file inside each folder. Install all of these using ShowMiiWads and your Wii will have all the required IOS as well as the default channels (Photo, Mii, Shop)

Also, to confirm what Blue-K said, In UNEEK, the SD card is enabled for all titles, even the system menu.

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put these wads
20100801152958capture.png

that i got from xzxero's guide, put them in showmiinand
pressed install at the bottom and they install to a blank folder
20100801153210capture.png

and then copied the content to the root of my usb hard drive

i have kernel.bin in sneek folder on the usb drive and sd card and then these files
20100801153427capture.png

on my sd card (the armboot.bin is the one needed for sneek)

what am i doing wrong?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from the log file for R112

Code:
ÂÂÂÂ-added slot blinking on fatal errors
1 short flashÂÂ: The TMD of the requested title is missing
2 short flashes: The TMD of the IOS the current title uses is missing
3 short flashes: The kernel.bin is not found on sd and or usb
4 short flashes: Failed to load the requested IOS (missing IOS, missing TMD/Ticket/content)

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLRX said:
ok i set up uneek (non di) and wait at the black screen and then in like ten seconds it starts blinking 1 time to signal that the TMD of the requested title is missing.. wth is that?

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
here's an oldie but goodie

i am not new. i have learned a lot from my desire 2 make my wii do what i like. however, sneek has baffled me. i've made dumps of my flash properly, but with no reward. i have compiled countless other apps but i have ALMOST given up on sneek. am sure im followin everything word by word (on 3.2, with everything updated, wanin's and 222/3 for the testing of my amateur model and texture hacks)

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i finally got sneek to work on my thump drive (aka flashdrive) but the flashdrive is only 4gb. the flashdrive has one portion where my hard drive has two, a fat32 and a weird system partion for it (see picture)
20100801164814capture.png

i set the fat32 to active but no dice
frown.gif

moosehunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLRX said:
ok i finally got sneek to work on my thump drive (aka flashdrive) but the flashdrive is only 4gb. the flashdrive has one portion where my hard drive has two, a fat32 and a weird system partion for it (see picture)
20100801164814capture.png

i set the fat32 to active but no dice
frown.gif
Well, there's your problem. SNEEK/UNEEK reads the first partition on the drive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...