Newb question.

adoble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a wii already modded w/a 1tb ssd and a 32g sd card. It has USB loader gx and tons of games. They can play most of them (now that we have some wii classic controllers) but it won't save any gameplay data. Every time they play they have to start over. Is there a way to change this! Are there some type of setting I can change?

Last edited by adoble,

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modded Wiis usually have different software for each console of games. For example (your Wii may be different):

Gamecube games - Nintendont
N64 games - Not64
SNES games - SNES9xgx

If *Wii* games are not saving, that would be very strange. But for any other platform, including the ones I listed, appropriate configuration needs to be set. So you need to figure out what software is running the games that are not saving, and then reconfigure that software to save properly.

adoble

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thank you. Particularly they were playing Mario 64. Also it seemed some GameCube games wouldn't start due to save issues (crazy taxi). I tried to look in the settings etc. I will have to look again.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what types of games do you play (wii, Gamecube, others)?

is this one game or several??

Some games save themselves, others you have to go to the game settings to save

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Depends on what games youre playing.

Wii games Save Data is stored internally in the Wii's memory. If you can't save in your Wii, them I'd suspect the battery might be dead and needs a complete replacement (battery in the bottof of your Wii beneath a tray held with a Phillips screw).

GameCube games saves are stored in two ways: Menory card, if you have one and your Wii happens to be GameCube retrocompatible. And the second way is via emulator, as they can save in either SD or USB. Depends on how you tell the emulator to save.

Emulators, such as N64, SNES, NES, RetroArch can save in SD, USB, or GameCube cards too. These depends on your routes that are set via Emulator settings, or editing their proper Config files with a computer.

You should be more specific.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Particularly they were playing Mario 64.
Okay, try to figure out what software is running Mario 64. The default emulator pause buttons for Not64 are X+Y on a Gamecube controller.
Also it seemed some GameCube games wouldn't start due to save issues (crazy taxi).
A game not starting is almost certainly not due to save issues. If it's not starting at all, something else is the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol