natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icantsleep said:
I was thinking about setting up the USB Loader on an 8GB USB drive. Since 8GB isn't that much space, I was wondering if its possible to rip the game with the USB Loader and then, once the USB Drive starts to fill up, transfer some of my less used games from the USB Drive to my computer for storage (using WBSF Manager i believe).

Thanks a million.

Yes. It works exactly as you said.
You can look here to see how much space they will take up on your WBFS drive, but remember when you transfer them to your computer, they will be full 4.7GB .iso files, until you zip or rar them.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...e_Compatibility

liljohnnydoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
liljohnnydoe said:
Please note: I am a beginner at this.

Ok, here is what I have done:

1. I have upgraded my System Menu to version 4.0

2. Following this instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/S9RV0FWFN4H8OED/
I have installed cIOS36 Rev7. This means that I have also installed Homebrew Channel using Bannerbomb exploit.

3. Following the same instructable I have got to the point where I got the Error ret-2011 which a lot of other people got:
" tried to install the 04-BackupLauncher0.3g+_249-NeoRame.rar like instructed below.I get a installing ticket...ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

4. After that everything went down the drain. I have tried to follow this instructable: http://www.instructables.com/id/SQHX9S3FUNOXOKE/
with both versions (offline and online), but I kept getting the -2011 error.

5. I have tried to follow other tutorials out there but I did not get any further because of different errors.

Now I do not know what version of cIOS I have installed on my Wii.I have tried to update again my System Menu 4.0 in case I have messed up
anything but my Wii says that I already have the latest version installed.

So my questions are:

1. How do I know what version of the Files I have and whether I have messed up my System Menu ?

2. Since the aim of this entire thing is to play backup games, how do I fix this and how do I get my Wii to play the backup games, from backup
DVDs (I've seen that it might be possible to play them from USB devices, I am not interested in that right now). Also, I do not want to install
any other homebrew applications (like DVD players or video players)

3. If in the process I have to downgrade my System Menu, what are the exact steps to do that?

Thank you very much for your help and I hope someone will be able to help me make things work !

Ok, I have finally solved my problem
smile.gif

I am sooo happy. I followed this tutorial here: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...in-4-0-wii.html
And I have done everything written there.
At some point, the LoadMii asks you what version of IOS you want to use. In case you have more than one version, make sure you select version 35 !

That would be all ! I hope this helps people around.

Another quick question this time....

I want to run Virtua Tennis 2009 NTSC on my PAL Will. I am using NeoGammaR3-BackupLoader to play my backup DVD-s. How can I do it? I mean, what settings do I have to make to make it work? Should I use FORCE PAL60 ?

Thank you

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
liljohnnydoe said:
Another quick question this time....

I want to run Virtua Tennis 2009 NTSC on my PAL Will. I am using NeoGammaR3-BackupLoader to play my backup DVD-s. How can I do it? I mean, what settings do I have to make to make it work? Should I use FORCE PAL60 ?

Thank you
If the display is OK, leave the force thingies OFF
If not, try FORCE PAL50/60

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I used the ULTIMATE System Menu 4.0 Guide to soft mod my Wii. I'm using USB Loader GX to boot my backups. Some of the backups don't start or hang while playing so I thought I'd try the latest cIOS38 rev13b to see if that fixes the problems.

What do I need to do to start using the latest cIOS if I already have cIOS36 rev10 installed? Network install doesn't work for me for some reason (using lan adapter) so is this what I need to do?

-put some wad to SD:\\ or SD:\\WAD (please clarify, I'm using system update v4.0e and I have all the wads I might need)
-run cIOS38 rev13b installer
-select wad installation

Is this how it should work or do I have to uninstall the previous revision or do something else?

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Charmander: Lol you're so lucky, I just got it to work.
tongue.gif

EDIT: MAKE SURE YOUR WII ISNT LU64 (I think it's beginning of serial # or something) as it will cause your Wii to brick.

If you already have a cIOS (Custom IOS) installed, then just use this great app by WiiPower: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

If you upgraded to FW 4.0 without installing a cIOS first, it will be a bit more complicated, as the new firmware doesn't let you install .WAD files without a cIOS (which is a .WAD
tongue.gif
). So go here and follow the instructions to get a cIOS installed: http://timashley.me/?q=node/6

Once you do that, just use this app to play all your backups: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

After you install the cIOS (it's rev9), you can upgrade to any other (rev13 recommended). You can also install .WAD files now. Keep in mind that cIOS38 rev9 doesn't support USB backups, only DVD ones.

The Bishop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question: If you get a legit copy of a Wii game can you use the USB loader to install it to the USB Hard drive? I noticed it will install my backups from DVD to the USB.

grandcross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem: my USB loaders don't work anymore, but they used to. Just yesterday I was playing a game on USB Loader GX (Rune Factory Frontier), played Punch-Out (failed, 002 error), tried it on configurable USB loader (worked), then turned off the Wii.

Today, all loaders can no longer detect my USB drive. Here's what I've done within the time that it worked and stopped working:

- Plugged USB drive to PC to add more games to it using WBFS manager 3.0
- Turned on Wii (without the USB drive plugged in) and played a Wiiware game, made a Mii, turned it off
- Added to my SD root /images/ and /discs/ for USB Loader GX for using covers/discs
- Turned on Wii w/ drive, went to USB loader GX, drive no longer detected

Can't really think of anything that I could've done to ruin it with just that. The drive works perfectly fine still, I can run it on WBFS manager, it just won't get detected by a USB loader.

I really don't know how someone could help me with such a bizarre problem, but if anyone can offer some suggestions, I'd be thankful.

Wii version: 3.4U
cIOS: IOS 249 rev 13a
Drive: WD 250gb My Passport Essential

edit: If it helps, I get a ret = -1 error when trying to mount a drive with one of the loaders. I've used both USB ports.

EDIT 2: It works again. I have absolutely no idea why or how, but it works again. I did a million and one things to try to get this problem fixed, so I haven't been able to identify what fixed it.

kekkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,

i've got a question,
i just bought a rockband drum kit(pal region) but i can't use it on any of my usb loaders. Normally i use guitar hero 3 guitars but i thought it would be fun to play the drums.

So what do i have to do to get it working. I would like a little guide with some guided steps. I'm not very familliar with cios/ios so do i need to update/downgrade some?

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I can improve the audio quality with WiiGator's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma? Is there another launcher I should try otherwise?

seabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I run Game Cube backups if I have Wii System Menu 4.0 and I have home brew installed via bomb banner?Something compatible with either dvd +r dl or dvd -RW please.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@netaware: it really depends on which game you want to play Monster Hunter G for instance only works once burned to a disc and can't be used with Usb loaders i personally use a Usb loader cause im to cheap to go and buy a pack of 10 dvd -r discs
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)