• Views 514,127
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

Yeoman78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill have another look when the missues lets me use the tv again ; )

in the mean time i found the following info in the xml file that came with the hbc app.

USB Loader GX
USB Loader GX Team

the release date seems quite old, actually its the one you can d/l at the top of the first page in this thread

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hmwtkzmrmmz

if that helps with the version at all?

Edit ***

I just found out what a forwarder does, Ill see if I can make of one of them work and that should solve my problem anyway and the kids can use the app on the SD card and still fire it up using a channel ! : )

Edit 2 *** The channel loader I am using is Rev 468, which is weird cause the rev is working fine through the HBC. Well as I mentioned above Ill try the Forwarder to the app and see if that improves it any.

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm on 4.0E with preloader installed. I'm trying to play Wiiware games from another region, but I can't quite get it to work. I did the skip udate check, so in theory, Disc based games from another region should work, but I am trying to configure WiiWare games to work.

Originally after I opened games, it said "Thsi channel cannot be loaded" after pressing play, but after enabling region free channels in preloader, i just get a black screen now after I open games.

Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I'm currently having trouble making any of the USB Loaders work. It have made it work on two occasions but both resulted in the external hard drive being undetected after loading a few games successfully and turning off the power. The first time it worked after formatting with USB Loader 1.5 and the second time it worked using WBFS Manager 3.01. WBFS Manager was still able to read the external hard drive and all the games even after the USB Loader failed to read it. Now whenever I try to use it, it says No WBFS Partition (or whatever the message is).

My external hard drive is a dodgy Chinese one by a company called YUANXING and it holds 74GB if it matters.

Does anyone have a solution?

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, so ive had my wii hacked since 3.3 and i upgraded to 4.0 (thru nintendo) and then i reinstalled the homebrew channel/DVDX/bootmii and now i want to know how to install the wads used for forwarding to homebrew from the system menu, is it safe to do on 4.0? and also how to install a cIOS because ive got the usb loader and whenever i try to load it, it just gives me a black screen (right at the start).

thx.

Yeoman78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ben_not_benny said:
Weird question:

When you're using the USB loader to play is it better to put a game disc inside the DVD drive, or leave it empty? Does it matter in any way?

To my knowledge only a small % of games need a disc in the drive and even then it doesn't necessarily need to be a game disc (from what I have read). I leave mine empty as I haven't come across a backup that requires a disc to be inserted.

Although in saying that I have only tested the 6 that I own : /

thatguyjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to permanently patch a dumped image with Ocarina codes? Rather than using the Wii's RAM for it, I'd like them to be a part of the back-up of the game I have.

I know in Brawl's case, you can use Wii Scrubber to patch textures, but that's a little different. I'm looking to try to patch the game with Ocarina codes, and not need the codes to be applied when loaded. Should I ask this in Wii hacking, instead?

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiScrubber related question: If I have a 4.21GB ISO File, can I "scrub" it to the smallest size possible for the game? I am gonna try and scrub Tales of Symphonia 2 if possible, so I save space on my HDD loader, but I have no clue on how to this. Any guides?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Him3000 said:
WiiScrubber related question: If I have a 4.21GB ISO File, can I "scrub" it to the smallest size possible for the game? I am gonna try and scrub Tales of Symphonia 2 if possible, so I save space on my HDD loader, but I have no clue on how to this. Any guides?
If you place it on a wbfs, the manager should shrink it to the smallest possible automatically

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to take a external drive, make a separate partiton (about 30 gigs) with a program on there and designate it specifically as a WBFS partiton? I'm trying to not buy another hard drive. Also I'm running cIOS36 rev7, can i just install cIOS36 rev9 and be able to run USB Loader v1.1? Or should I use a newer Wankiko USB loader and I guess a newer cIOS36 revision? I'm pretty new to this stuff... Thanks in advance!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Debaser0x said:
Is there a way to take a external drive, make a separate partiton (about 30 gigs) with a program on there and designate it specifically as a WBFS partiton? Yes, the usb loader (or wbfs manager) will let you choose which partition to format to WBFS. Nothing has to be placed on the partition to format it
I'm trying to not buy another hard drive.
Also I'm running cIOS36 rev7, can i just install cIOS36 rev9 and be able to run USB Loader v1.1? Or should I use a newer Wankiko USB loader and I guess a newer cIOS36 revision? Just install cIOSr9 or newer and you can use every USB loader. I use USB loader GX and Coverfloader
smile.gif

I'm pretty new to this stuff... Thanks in advance!

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Debaser0x said:
Is there a way to take a external drive, make a separate partiton (about 30 gigs) with a program on there and designate it specifically as a WBFS partiton? Yes, the usb loader (or wbfs manager) will let you choose which partition to format to WBFS. Nothing has to be placed on the partition to format it
I'm trying to not buy another hard drive.
Also I'm running cIOS36 rev7, can i just install cIOS36 rev9 and be able to run USB Loader v1.1? Or should I use a newer Wankiko USB loader and I guess a newer cIOS36 revision? Just install cIOSr9 or newer and you can use every USB loader. I use USB loader GX and Coverfloader
smile.gif

I'm pretty new to this stuff... Thanks in advance!

Thanks a lot! Do you know of any programs that can make seprate partitions on an external? Is the USB loader GX better or do you just personally like it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Debaser0x said:
Thanks a lot! Do you know of any programs that can make seprate partitions on an external? I think most people use partition magic or something like that... I use the windows device manager (right click computer and click manage, then device manager. You can edit partitions there)
Is the USB loader GX better or do you just personally like it? A combination of both
smile.gif
It has a really nice GUI and a lot of functions (and gets updated daily afaik). It is based on waninkokos usb loader 1.5 (I think?)

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Debaser0x said:
Thanks a lot! Do you know of any programs that can make seprate partitions on an external? I think most people use partition magic or something like that... I use the windows device manager (right click computer and click manage, then device manager. You can edit partitions there)
Is the USB loader GX better or do you just personally like it? A combination of both
smile.gif
It has a really nice GUI and a lot of functions (and gets updated daily afaik). It is based on waninkokos usb loader 1.5 (I think?)

So if I update to a new cIOS rev possible rev13 will it interfere with my backup loaders? Or should I just update to rev9 and be done with it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Debaser0x said:
So if I update to a new cIOS rev possible rev13 will it interfere with my backup loaders? Or should I just update to rev9 and be done with it?
cIOSr13 will not interfere with backup loaders. Some people seem to have issues with it so thats why I said get rev9 first. If everything works on rev9, keep it and if not get rev13 (not 13b)
smile.gif

Him3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Him3000 said:
If you place it on a wbfs, the manager should shrink it to the smallest possible automatically

Aah thanks a bunch. So the moment I transfer it over to my HDD it will automatically resize it. Good =D. Thanks a bunch, I am waiting for my HDD to arrive in the mail today so I am preparing stuff around haha.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Him3000 said:
tj_cool said:
Him3000 said:

Aah thanks a bunch. So the moment I transfer it over to my HDD it will automatically resize it. Good =D. Thanks a bunch, I am waiting for my HDD to arrive in the mail today so I am preparing stuff around haha.
Some games become even smaller than when scrubbed
laugh.gif

WBFS manager 3 and WBFS intelligent GUI v6 are good WBFS managers

Debaser0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Debaser0x said:
cIOSr13 will not interfere with backup loaders. Some people seem to have issues with it so thats why I said get rev9 first. If everything works on rev9, keep it and if not get rev13 (not 13b)
smile.gif

Man thanks so much for all your help! I think this is my last question... If I have Wad Manager 1.4 installed can i select between different revisions of cIOS36 or if I install rev9 is that the only one I can use?

Until I get a bigger external I just wanna keep using gamma backup loader and hold off on updating to a new revision so I don't mess something up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...