• Views 516,180
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

ext23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a japanese wii, currently running 4.0j, cios rev 9.

i have managed to get all my games working in GX loader except mario galaxy.

i have played extensively with the video settings in the loader. the NTSC version won't load at all, the PAL version only runs in black and white and freezes at the same point in the intro movie, every single time.

do i need to install CIOS 222 somehow? help!

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cafevincent said:
Can someone tell me how to upgrade cIOS? For more info see post 207.

You do not need to uninstall the previous cIOS, it is safe to overwrite it. About the instructions on how to install it, I will quote the readme:

WAD Installation:

- Copy "IOS38-64-v3610.wad" file to the root of a SD card.
- Insert the SD card on your Wii.
- Run the installer and select "WAD Installation".

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I've recently got myself a Wii and started reading the tutorials on installing homebrew on it. Installing the Homebrew Channell and that stuff. I also started looking for information on loading backups on it, but the amount of information is a little overwhelming for me, so I want to ask you guys a couple of questions:
1) After I get homebrew channel installed, what's next? I want to be able to load backups both from disk and USB.
2) What's this about cIOS and that stuff?
3) My Wii is System Menu 3.4. Is it mandatory to upgrade it. Can I upgrade it after installing homebrew channel? Or is it better to leave it as is?
Thank you for any help on this.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
arapozo said:
Hello, I've recently got myself a Wii and started reading the tutorials on installing homebrew on it. Installing the Homebrew Channell and that stuff. I also started looking for information on loading backups on it, but the amount of information is a little overwhelming for me, so I want to ask you guys a couple of questions:
1) After I get homebrew channel installed, what's next? I want to be able to load backups both from disk and USB.
Launching backups requires a cIOS (custom IOS, a modified system file which skips legit disc check
Answered in question 1
3) My Wii is System Menu 3.4. Is it mandatory to upgrade it. Can I upgrade it after installing homebrew channel? Or is it better to leave it as is?
You can stay on 3.4, or you can upgrade to 4.0, or you can downgrade to 3.2. Homebrew works on all of them. If you want to stay on 3.4, here is how:

How to get homebrew and cIOS on 3.4:
1. Use Bannerbomb to launch the hackmii installer and install Homebrew Channel and Bootmii to boot2 (if possible)
2. Reboot the wii to bootmii and make a Nand backup
3. Get ahold of wad manager 1.3 and IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and use wad manager to install IOS16
4. Use Wad manager (IOS16 version) to install cIOS36_rev7.wad
5. Use homebrew channel to run the latest cIOS installer to upgrade to rev 10 or 13
6. Get neogamma and put it in the apps folder, now you can launch backups from disc or usb

FS9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone, just signed up today, i am desperate for your help!

Anyway i have a slight issue and im hoping this thread can be of assistance...

I have a Pal Wii with the 4.0e update. I also have wadmanagwer 1.3, the homebrew channel and Backup launcher 0.3 gamma. All previous backed up games i have tried all work fine but im having problems with Grand Slam tennis. the following games all work perfect though...

Guitar hero world tour
Super Mario Galaxy
Big beach sports
House of the dead 2 and 3

Now when i try to launce Grand slam tennis through the backup launcher i get an ERROR 0002 message (although the game shows in the disc channel).

Does anyone have any information and a solution at all please? If i need to change files etc can some form of guide to doing this please be in the answer?

Thanks for any replys!

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
natemckn said:
cafevincent said:

You do not need to uninstall the previous cIOS, it is safe to overwrite it. About the instructions on how to install it, I will quote the readme:

WAD Installation:

I downloaded IOS38-64-v3610.wad using NUSD with command "nusd 0000000100000026 3610". I then got a 0000000100000026 folder filled with files and one of them was named 0000000100000026.wad. I then used BSpatch with command "bspatch 0000000100000026.wad IOS38-64-v3610.wad ios38" (using ios38 file found in ultimate system menu 4.0 guide offline package). Is this what I was supposed to do? Or just rename 0000000100000026.wad to IOS38-64-v3610.wad?

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cafevincent said:
natemckn said:
cafevincent said:

WAD Installation:

I downloaded IOS38-64-v3610.wad using NUSD with command "nusd 0000000100000026 3610". I then got a 0000000100000026 folder filled with files and one of them was named 0000000100000026.wad. I then used BSpatch with command "bspatch 0000000100000026.wad IOS38-64-v3610.wad ios38" (using ios38 file found in ultimate system menu 4.0 guide offline package). Is this what I was supposed to do? Or just rename 0000000100000026.wad to IOS38-64-v3610.wad?

I've never done it like that, I generally just google the file name.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
cafevincent said:
with the nus downloader, enter those options (0000000100000026 and 3610) and check pack to .wad, type the name in the box next to it then click download
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

or google the IOS38-64-v3610.wad

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, I have a quick question...

I installed the cIOS rev 13 using the wad install. On the install screen and got mislead by the text and chose IOS 36 (or 38 i don't remember, but anyway the same as the WAD file) for the install. It was successful but my USB loader did not see the new cIOS. I reinstalled it choosing IOS249 and now it is working.

Here is my question... do I have to correct that by deleting the IOS36 and reinstalling it or is it okay to stay like that?

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
glukriek said:

I installed the cIOS rev 13 using the wad install. On the install screen and got mislead by the text and chose IOS 36 (or 38 i don't remember, but anyway the same as the WAD file) for the install. It was successful but my USB loader did not see the new cIOS. I reinstalled it choosing IOS249 and now it is working.

Here is my question... do I have to correct that by deleting the IOS36 and reinstalling it or is it okay to stay like that?

Thanks
don't worry
the IOS you have to select at the beginning is the one that the installer will use to install cIOS38 (installed as IOS249). It didn't overwrite IOS36/38
smile.gif

limesherbert

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here be a noob question:

How do I set uo a partition in my hard drive so that half of it is wii games and the other half is personal stuff? Also is this compatible with partitions? Thanks
cool.gif

glukriek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
tj_cool said:
glukriek said:

Thanks
don't worry
the IOS you have to select at the beginning is the one that the installer will use to install cIOS38 (installed as IOS249). It didn't overwrite IOS36/38
smile.gif

thanks!

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a brand new 1tb hard drive. I opened up WBFS Manager 3.0 and Formatted it that way.

The USB Loader GX lets you run off of the USB.. my question is how do I make a small partition for that?

cafevincent

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I upgraded to cIOS38rev13b from 36rev10 hoping to resolve some issues with backups but now USB Loader GX doesn't detect my HDD anymore. Any suggestions?

edit: typo

dewie68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question.
i have the hombrew channel on my wii. i want to put the wad manager or installer or whatever its called.
biggrin.gif
i put something on ym SD then tried it but it said that the app was not valid. can you tell me EXACTLY what folders go where on my SD and what goes where in those folders. also links to all the thngs i need to download. thanks. (this is for like putting wads on wii's like Zelda or something like that. or VC games.) THANKS
biggrin.gif

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
natemckn said:
arapozo said:
Launching backups requires a cIOS (custom IOS, a modified system file which skips legit disc check
Answered in question 1
You can stay on 3.4, or you can upgrade to 4.0, or you can downgrade to 3.2. Homebrew works on all of them. If you want to stay on 3.4, here is how:

How to get homebrew and cIOS on 3.4:
1. Use Bannerbomb to launch the hackmii installer and install Homebrew Channel and Bootmii to boot2 (if possible)
2. Reboot the wii to bootmii and make a Nand backup
3. Get ahold of wad manager 1.3 and IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and use wad manager to install IOS16
4. Use Wad manager (IOS16 version) to install cIOS36_rev7.wad
5. Use homebrew channel to run the latest cIOS installer to upgrade to rev 10 or 13
6. Get neogamma and put it in the apps folder, now you can launch backups from disc or usb

Thank You for the info but I have a question.
Why do I need to install IOS16-640v257-prod.wad to install IOS16 (step 3). I've seen another guide and it just jumps to step 4 to install cIOS36 right away.

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, Ive installed IOS16 and then cIOS36_rev7, but when i run neogamma, it launches and I get to the menu but the wiimote turns off and I cant do nothing about it.
Help, what am I doing wrong?

dbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On another thread I read about "alt dols", can someone tell me what these are?

I tried searching the site and google, but did not get any good response.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dbest said:
On another thread I read about "alt dols", can someone tell me what these are?

I tried searching the site and google, but did not get any good response.

dol files are like exe for windows, they are the files that the wii runs. Games are made up of a dol file or two on the disc. There are some games that load the main dol then reload the IOS causing the USB loader to crash then try to load the game dol. To fix this, some loaders are implementing a technique where you copy the game dol to your SD card then have the loader load the game from there so it doesnt crash on the IOS reload

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ