• Likes 6

frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Question deleted, due to not having the Wii setup anymore therefore advice given or anything will be kind of pointless as I can't test it for anyone. (As it wasn't my Wii etc)

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to load Gamecube games from USB somehow? My Wii barely loads any game I try to run on it via disc, so my only option is USB, and I don't wanna have all the GC games I've spent years (and money) collecting become paperweight.

Piso Mojado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eichro,

Full disclosure, I'm a n00b. But as you can see, this thread isn't very frequently patrolled by the experts.

You seem to think if you use a usb loader, your disc drive will stop working. I worried about the same thing, but it's not true. You can still play original game discs from the disc drive even if you get a usb loader. I know it works for Wii games, and I see no reason to think GC games wouldn't work as well. As for burned backups... I'm not sure.

As I understand it, GC games can't be loaded from a hard drive. For some reason, playing a GC game causes the Wii to dumb itself down to GC level, and in the process shut off peripherals like the usb drive. Or something. Don't quote me (n00b).

I hope that helps.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Eichro said:
Is it possible to load Gamecube games from USB somehow? My Wii barely loads any game I try to run on it via disc, so my only option is USB, and I don't wanna have all the GC games I've spent years (and money) collecting become paperweight.
No, they can not be loaded with USB loaders since the USB ports are disabled in Gamecube Mode

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nada said:
Quick Question: I want toet my Wii into a usable condition again. Current Sys menu 3.1E, bootmii beta 4 as boot2, HBC 1.0.6, Cios Rev17 with gamma.

What is the quickest way to go about it? I don't 'really' want to update my system menu much in an unoffical way and don't dare do the 4.2 online update.

Must I update my firmware and if so, can I do an offical update to 4.1 or will that delete all kinds of stuff? I would need to get the 4.1 WAD with NUSD.

?

Thanks for help!
Toet your wii? What do you mean?

Piso Mojado said:
Thanks for reading my n00b questions.

tj_cool's Backup Loading basics suggests this set-up:

1TB drive
Z: 5GB Fat, will contain homebrew and stuff.
W: 300GB NTFS, will be formatted to WBFS
M: 695GB NTFS, will be used as Main partition (for all your Data)

"All your data"? Does that mean personal stuff like extra storage for photos of me and Uncle Jerry fishing or game related stuff like game audio files, save files, screenshots, or cover pics? In other words, since I bought the drive exclusively for Wii games, do I need the third partition?

If I put the "homebrew and stuff" on the Z: drive, does that replace the need for an SD card?

Do I have to put all my Wii games on EITHER a FAT32 partition OR a WBFS partition, or can I put some on each and have Configurable USB Loader work seamlessly?

About my setup: I softmodded to 4.2u using the Simplistic method and installed the Homebrew Channel, Homebrew Browser, and Configurable USB Loader as well as a couple emulators. Bootmii is installed as Boot2, so I didn't bother with Priiloader. I have a Western Digital Elements 1TB drive. I'm a Mac user, but I do have a Windows XP laptop.
Thats just an example, not a recommendation
wink.gif

All your data means "anything you want", like what you named. But if you want to make use of that data in homebrew, use a FAT32 partition instead.
You can put Games on both FAT and WBFS and make Configurable loader switch between the partitions, but I think its a little easier to put them all on one partition
tongue.gif

agmpc said:
Situation: I'm afraid for my NTSC Wii right now. After successfully doing the simplistic mod and configuring the usb loader, I now have a problem with cioscorp. It is stuck installing midway on the wad IOS28(or maybe 38, my analog TV is flickering too much for me to tell:(). I don't want to force it off because I don't want to brick my Wii. At the same time, my Wii's going to be a paperweight connected to a power supply for the time being. Anything I can do?
Probably too late now, but as long as its not a system menu essential IOS, you should be able to shut it down
I'm not sure about that though

zimonkey said:
please someone help me ....i have a wii, hardmodded, disc drive broken....so i just bought a 320 gb toshiba hard drive to play games off of.
i have the homebrew channel, but can't figure out how to play the iso's off the ext hd....can someone please please tell me the easiest way to go about this ?
Follow the Simplistic mod or CSG

qazadex said:
Can I play games from all regions using USB GX and the like on my pal console? Yes
and are there any games that dont work, such as SSBB (which doesnt work for me)? Most games should work with correct settings
IS there a particular cIOS I need for USB backup launching? cIOSrev9 or higher. Just get rev17 and optionally Hermes cIOS

Posts merged

QUOTE(Qlczas @ Feb 1 2010, 10:32 PM)
Question: got virgin 4.0E wii,
installed backup loader 0.3 - every game got disk error 324,

downgraded to 3.2 - installed Riiski Mod 2.0 (preloader 0.25, cIOSCORP etc.) which worked for me to play games from disc loading channel
on nearly 30 wii consoles without a problem,

on this console... it doesn't work!

so i've read that there are wii's with D3-2 chipset? which prevents playing of DVD-R's so EVERY softmod won't work.

so i need to get an usb loader...

got my wii still on 3.2 with riskii mod.

there are SO MANY usb loaders so I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE to use and what kind of usb medium use? usb disk? pendrive?!?

please help
Riiski Mod is UBER outdated
You may be lucky it didn't brick the wii

Anyway, follow one of the newest guides: Simplistic mod or CSG
Then get any USB loader you want: [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179085]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179085[/url]

QUOTE(WanganComet @ Feb 2 2010, 05:26 AM)
i tried downloading wii game manager then i loaded the smaller iso file that came from it into the sdhc and nothing...it wont recognize the files on the memory stick it says no wbgs detected or something like that. can someone please help me? i have been trying to get this to work for 3 days now and nothing.
Try Wii Backup manager

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Piso_Mojado, it's actually the other way around. My disc drive stopped working properly so I wanted to use the USB device. Too bad I won't be lucky with Gamecube... Just hope that the drive can load at least that.
Thanks for the help guys.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
dont know if thios falls into n00b stuff but here it goes

so I followed the completesoftmodguide, managed to install HBC, bootmii, the Trucha Bug, Wanikoko and Hermes stuff, MPlayer reads movies from a external 500G drive, but I cant get the system menu to update to hacked 4.1 using the offline guide provided.

DOP-IOS just tries to connect, not giving the chance to choose the SD to do the update

so, is there any other way to update the system menu to 4.1 without losing all the work already done?

also, I was playing a original disc of Madworld loaded with Neogamma, to avoid the update it includes, but it gets stuck twice when I reached some points(after the first Turbinator and when I reached the bull-looking boss in the Station). tinyload didnt work. is there anything I need to do to make it work correctly?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a question about usb loader. is it true you can use the wii with a burned game inside it to transfer it over to the usb drive i read some where you can.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Viteh said:
tattar8 said:
DJPlace said:
got a question about usb loader. is it true you can use the wii with a burned game inside it to transfer it over to the usb drive i read some where you can.
You can.

there's a DVD Dumper

doenst work on NTFS tho
Why is that needed? You don't need a DVD dumper

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Viteh said:
dont know if thios falls into n00b stuff but here it goes

so I followed the completesoftmodguide, managed to install HBC, bootmii, the Trucha Bug, Wanikoko and Hermes stuff, MPlayer reads movies from a external 500G drive, but I cant get the system menu to update to hacked 4.1 using the offline guide provided.

DOP-IOS just tries to connect, not giving the chance to choose the SD to do the update

so, is there any other way to update the system menu to 4.1 without losing all the work already done?

also, I was playing a original disc of Madworld loaded with Neogamma, to avoid the update it includes, but it gets stuck twice when I reached some points(after the first Turbinator and when I reached the bull-looking boss in the Station). tinyload didnt work. is there anything I need to do to make it work correctly?
Get an IOS-64-v6174.wad (NOT v6400) with NUSD and also a system menu 4.1 one and install both with wad manager

QUOTE(Viteh @ Feb 5 2010, 12:15 AM) well, can I just read them/make an ISO with a normal DVD drive?

that would be faster indeed
Backup discs can be ripped on a PC and USB loader/Dumper (since they were made on a PC anyway)
Originals only with an USB loader/Dumper

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
What should I do to make uLoader recognize my USB external disc drive? I've read somewhere in this forum that is possible, but I tried and, while the loader found the device, it didn't recognize it.

Dispel

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question about 2-disc GC games and specifically whether 2-nd disc can be a part of a multi-disc ?

I use either NeogammaR8RC1 or GC Backup Launcher 0.2 .. now if I have my 2-nd disc of a game as a part of a multi-game ISO for gamecube and I have a save from the end of the first disc - will it load that 2-nd disc and let me continue even though it's multi-ISO ? if it will - which of the 2 mentioned programs can do that ? and is that true for ALL games ?

if the answers are positive - does that mean I can put both 1-st and 2-nd discs of a game (and possibly another single disc game, since there will be space) on one DVD5 and there will be no problems when the time comes to swap discs ? again - for all games ?

or this is all risky and it's safer to use one DVD5 solely for the 2-nd disc, i.e. no Multi-ISO ?

thank you

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eichro said:
What should I do to make uLoader recognize my USB external disc drive? I've read somewhere in this forum that is possible, but I tried and, while the loader found the device, it didn't recognize it.

Are you running the latest uLoader?
QUOTE(Dispel @ Feb 6 2010, 05:55 PM) quick question about 2-disc GC games and specifically whether 2-nd disc can be a part of a multi-disc ?

I use either NeogammaR8RC1 or GC Backup Launcher 0.2 .. now if I have my 2-nd disc of a game as a part of a multi-game ISO for gamecube and I have a save from the end of the first disc - will it load that 2-nd disc and let me continue even though it's multi-ISO ? if it will - which of the 2 mentioned programs can do that ? and is that true for ALL games ?

if the answers are positive - does that mean I can put both 1-st and 2-nd discs of a game (and possibly another single disc game, since there will be space) on one DVD5 and there will be no problems when the time comes to swap discs ? again - for all games ?

or this is all risky and it's safer to use one DVD5 solely for the 2-nd disc, i.e. no Multi-ISO ?

thank you
It's worth a try...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dispel said:
QUOTE said:
It's worth a try...
my Verbatim's disagree
frown.gif

I'm sure someone has experience with 2-disc GC backups and Multi-ISO's
ph34r.gif
Burn both discs of the game on one multidisc. Be sure the parts are named different
Go to Disc 2 (in the selection menu) and press Z
Then go to disc one and press B to launch it.

When it asks to swap discs, eject the disc and re-insert it
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sup nerds