frankiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want to install NeoGamma R8 RC1, so I can play NSMB and such on my Wii
I'm on cIOS36, have Homebrew Channel installed, and WAD manager. I'm using WiiKey v1

How do I do it? I downloaded it, and have the Neogamma folder with boot.dol and all the other folders and files, and can put them on SD card. Nothing shows up on HBC, but I didn't expect it to because I know I'm missing something.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I make a dump of my NAND in order to work with triiforce ?
Complete softmod page tells me that I need to use SDSF NAND Dumper but it says that a clean SD is required, but is it really matter, do I have to erase everything else ?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icyrainz said:
How do I make a dump of my NAND in order to work with triiforce ?
Complete softmod page tells me that I need to use SDSF NAND Dumper but it says that a clean SD is required, but is it really matter, do I have to erase everything else ?
You don't need to erase anything

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The clean thing probably means that it has better results with non-SDHC (but it'll work with those too)
Anyway, just make sure to have at least 200MB free and you should not run into problems

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
so I bought this used wii(3.4U firmware) and it already had some games(some SNES games, expendables) and th Homebrew Channel already installed(version 1.01 I think it said)

so I tested Mplayer and played some mp4s from my SD

anyway I have a few questions:

-can I update the HBC? (without internet connection)

-Can I just follow the rest of the CompleteSoftmodGuide?(DVDx, bootmii, loaders, update to hacked 4.1, etc)

-Do I need to revirginize(the console,not me) to do any of the above?

any other recommendations welcome, and thanks for the info so far

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Viteh said:
so I bought this used wii(3.4U firmware) and it already had some games(some SNES games, expendables) and th Homebrew Channel already installed(version 1.01 I think it said)

so I tested Mplayer and played some mp4s from my SD

anyway I have a few questions:

-can I update the HBC? (without internet connection)

-Can I just follow the rest of the CompleteSoftmodGuide?(DVDx, bootmii, loaders, update to hacked 4.1, etc)

-Do I need to revirginize(the console,not me) to do any of the above?

any other recommendations welcome, and thanks for the info so far
Yes, Yes, No

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
wow thanks again

that was hella fast

so here's another:

does cioscorp give any real advantage, besides loading disc directly from the disc menu?

that1dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I installed coverfloader and formatted the drive to WBFS through the program, but after formatting the hard-drive, WBFS manager refuses to read it.

Any help?

EDIT:

Never mind. I had the partition as logical instead of primary. Just switching the partition to primary fixed it.

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Quick Question: I want toet my Wii into a usable condition again. Current Sysmenu 3.1E, bootmii beta 4 as boot2, HBC 1.0.6, Cios Rev17 with gamma.

What is the quickest way to go about it? I don't 'really' want to update my system menu much in an unoffical way and don't dare do the 4.2 online update.

Must I update my firmware and if so, can I do an offical update to 4.1 or will that delete all kinds of stuff? I would need to get the 4.1 WAD with NUSD.

?

Thanks for help!

Piso Mojado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for reading my n00b questions.

tj_cool's Backup Loading basics suggests this set-up:

1TB drive
Z: 5GB Fat, will contain homebrew and stuff.
W: 300GB NTFS, will be formatted to WBFS
M: 695GB NTFS, will be used as Main partition (for all your Data)

"All your data"? Does that mean personal stuff like extra storage for photos of me and Uncle Jerry fishing or game related stuff like game audio files, save files, screenshots, or cover pics? In other words, since I bought the drive exclusively for Wii games, do I need the third partition?

If I put the "homebrew and stuff" on the Z: drive, does that replace the need for an SD card?

Do I have to put all my Wii games on EITHER a FAT32 partition OR a WBFS partition, or can I put some on each and have Configurable USB Loader work seamlessly?

About my setup: I softmodded to 4.2u using the Simplistic method and installed the Homebrew Channel, Homebrew Browser, and Configurable USB Loader as well as a couple emulators. Bootmii is installed as Boot2, so I didn't bother with Priiloader. I have a Western Digital Elements 1TB drive. I'm a Mac user, but I do have a Windows XP laptop.

agmpc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Situation: I'm afraid for my NTSC Wii right now. After successfully doing the simplistic mod and configuring the usb loader, I now have a problem with cioscorp. It is stuck installing midway on the wad IOS28(or maybe 38, my analog TV is flickering too much for me to tell:(). I don't want to force it off because I don't want to brick my Wii. At the same time, my Wii's going to be a paperweight connected to a power supply for the time being. Anything I can do?

agmpc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping but I seriously need some help here.
frown.gif
It's obviously stuck as I haven't touched my Wii for over an hour and no progress has been made. I don't know what to do right now.

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to install some IOS like 33,35,36,37,38,53,55,56 to play Wiiware games downloaded from the internet (install wad files to NAND)?

zimonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please someone hlp me ....i have a wii,hardmodded,disc drive broken....so i just bought a 320 gb toshiba hard drive to play games off of.
i have the homebrew channel, but can't figure out how to play the iso's off the ext hd....can someone please please tell me the easiest way to go about this ?

qazadex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I play games from all regions using USB GX and the like on my pal console? and are there any games that dont work, such as SSBB (which doesnt work for me)? IS there a particular Ciso I need for USB backup launching?

Qlczas

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Question: got virgin 4.0E wii,
installed backup loader 0.3 - every game got disk error 324,

downgraded to 3.2 - installed Riiski Mod 2.0 (preloader 0.25, ciosCorp etc.) which worked for me to play games from disc loading channel
on nearly 30 wii consoles without a problem,

on this console... it doesn't work!

so i've read that there are wii's with D3-2 chipset? which prevents playing of DVD-R's so EVERY softmod won't work.

so i need to get an usb loader...

got my wii still on 3.2 with riskii mod.

there are SO MANY usb loaders so I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE to use and what kind of usb medium use? usb disk? pendrive?!?

please help

WanganComet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried downloading wii game manager then i loaded the smaller iso file that came from it into the sdhc and nothing...it wont recognize the files on the memory stick it says no wbgs detected or something like that. can someone please help me? i have been trying to get this to work for 3 days now and nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5