• Likes 6

Suiton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Sup guys,

1.) I seriously, seriously, seriously need a media better than Verbatim-R, because the videos skip like CRAAAAAAAAP, sometimes they don't even play, and the sound is just SOOOOOOO Goddamn choppy, and occasional lags, and yes I do burn at 4x. What media do they use for the original wii disc?

2.) Also, what is currently the latest/best loader? I'm using neogamma 7 or 8, can't recall.

3.) Lastly, how to update the shop channel?

icemasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question:

I've been using my external drive for Wiiflow and Config Loader, but I've been running into a problem continuously. I keep getting the not recognizing errors even though its worked before. At first it worked right out of the box but slowly its not recognizing the drive. While the loaders are trying to find the drive, I've been turning it off and on, removing and reconnecting the usb's and eventually it would pick it up. However today it got very bad to the point that in 20 minutes I had it recolonize it only once. Anyone know the issue that might be causing this?

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my NeoGamma r8 beta 15 says that it is using cIOS249-v15 and it is unable to read from DVD (error 1048). Please help me, how can I set it to use the cIOS249-v14
frown.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
icyrainz said:
my NeoGamma r8 beta 15 says that it is using cIOS249-v15 and it is unable to read from DVD (error 1048). Please help me, how can I set it to use the cIOS249-v14
frown.gif
By installing cIOSrev14
It'll overwrite rev15

Have you ever been able to run Disc backups? If not, and you have a newer wii, its possible you'll never be able to.
USB loaders will still work in that case

icyrainz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
icyrainz said:
frown.gif
By installing cIOSrev14
It'll overwrite rev15

Have you ever been able to run Disc backups? If not, and you have a newer wii, its possible you'll never be able to.
USB loaders will still work in that case

I have a new one, I have never been able to use Disc Backups . Then it may have the D3-2 chip, so now what should I do to load from USB .
I already installed 202, 222 ,223 and all 249v14, 249v15, 250v14, 250v15.
Should I uninstall them or revirginize then start the softmode guide again. which version should I use, v14 or v15 of the cIOS249 ?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
icyrainz said:
I have a new one, I have never been able to use Disc Backups . Then it may have the D3-2 chip, so now what should I do to load from USB .
I already installed 202, 222 ,223 and all 249v14, 249v15, 250v14, 250v15.
Should I uninstall them or revirginize then start the softmode guide again. which version should I use, v14 or v15 of the cIOS249 ?
No need to revirginize or anything
If you installed those it should work already
Both rev14 and 15 should work

Grushvak

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still can't run backups from my flash drive. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption gets stuck on the loading screen, and Muramasa reboots the Wii.

The flash drive (LGear 16gig) can't be found on the compatibility list. Any surefire way to determine if it's the drive causing the problem, or if I somehow messed up installing HBC and patched IOS?

Waninkoko rev16
Hermes cIOS 222/223
USB Loader GX 1.0
NeoGamma r7

Llian

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Honestly I'm coming here because I understand little to nothing I'm doing right now. I sucessfully modified the wii, and I installed the necessary cIOS files needed to run back up launcher but it doesn't work (my backup launcher just sits there on a black/black screen). Now I read around and I tried installing rev14-16 but that didn't fix the problem. Maybe there's something I'm not understanding here or maybe I should try working the usb loader I don't know. All I know if that I'm getting a serious headache out of this... Please help.

Alerek

Trophies
Website
alerek.cjb.net
XP
Country
United States
I know its probably been asked, but when dropping iso's into a flash drive, does it also require the dummy data to be present, or does it only transfer the data bit and skip the (sometimes) large amounts of disc filler?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alerek said:
I know its probably been asked, but when dropping iso's into a flash drive, does it also require the dummy data to be present, or does it only transfer the data bit and skip the (sometimes) large amounts of disc filler?
what format are you using for the flash drive wbfs/fat32/ntfs????

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Sorry if this was asked before, i just buy a generic second dance pad for Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3 but it doesnt work with it. Do i have to buy only the original by konami to work with this game? Or use a other loader? im usisng USB Loader GX and Uloader.

iamtek7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morning....

I've searched the forum, but cant seem to find the right search terms to get an answer to my issue...

Can someone give me some insight as to why several games stop working in Config USB Loader (and even USB Loader GX)? I've had numerous games, all working, no probs, then out of blue, we'll go to start up a game and it will get to the load screen and no longer boot....

I've had to delete it from my drive and re-backup the game. It gets annoying (happened about 8~10 times now)

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
wimu said:
Sorry if this was asked before, i just buy a generic second dance pad for Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 3 but it doesnt work with it. Do i have to buy only the original by konami to work with this game? Or use a other loader? im usisng USB Loader GX and Uloader.
Hello,
Please wimu, or anyone who want, give me some advice or link for simple and good tutorial for uLoader. I already successfully use GX and now I want to add Hermes cIOSes through uLoader.
On my 1TB WD HDD I have 3 partition (FAT32, NTSF and WBFS) so I can't manage how to configure with other usb loader?
Thanks in advance for help!

Nintendo Wii LEH2470XXXXX
System menu 4.1E (Waninkoko)
preloader v0.29
BootMii v1.0
Homebrew channel 1.0.3
WAD Manager v1.4
USB Loader GX 850c

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I am new to the whole softmodding thing, I used to run my games from disc backups but now I want to try USB loading since I have a spare usb drive. I have a 4.1U wii, with cios249 rev17, priiloader 0.2rev46, cioscorp3.6(do I have to uninstall it, will it conflict with USBloading?) and neogamma r8 beta17, I think I have Hermes Cios too

I read the newbie threads but I'm still not clear about:

What's the best/most reccomended Usbloader, and the other applications?
Do I have to modify,install.uninstall anything else?
What do you reccomend for stability, easy usage and setup. ntfs, wbfs or fat?

Please, point me in the right direction, I don't mind being linked to a tut, as long as it is up to date and it's one of the best usbloaders

THanks in advance

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is currently up to date, running 4.2 [NTSC]
I set it up to run USB Loader GX, following the Modify any Wii 4.2 & below guide, installing the following cIOS's, as suggested for USB loading.

I recommend the following for USB loading:
cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v15.wad or cIOS249-v16.wad
cIOS250-v15.wad or cIOS250-v16.wad
Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

If I want to run GameCube backups from disc, how would I go about setting it up?
Can I simply install the GameCube backup loader and it'll all work, or will I run into errors this way?
I'm sure there's a way for the two loaders to coexist peacefully without killing eachother, I just need to know how.
grog.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Scathraax said:
My Wii is currently up to date, running 4.2 [NTSC]
I set it up to run USB Loader GX, following the Modify any Wii 4.2 & below guide, installing the following cIOS's, as suggested for USB loading.

I recommend the following for USB loading:
cIOS202[38+60]-v4.wad
cIOS222[38+37]-v4.wad
cIOS223[38]-v4.wad
cIOS249-v15.wad or cIOS249-v16.wad
cIOS250-v15.wad or cIOS250-v16.wad
Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad

If I want to run GameCube backups from disc, how would I go about setting it up?
Can I simply install the GameCube backup loader and it'll all work, or will I run into errors this way?
I'm sure there's a way for the two loaders to coexist peacefully without killing eachother, I just need to know how.
grog.gif

It's there, the GC Backup loader will run with the softmod. But you need to install a cMIOS. Search for it.

sk8skanj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently running 4.0, Neogamma R8 RC1, rev 17.

If I buy a motion plus, do I need to install anything or do anything special to get WSR to work? or will it run as normal?

Also if I get an external, is it worth keeping an SD for the HBC, or will the speed drop be significant?

When using alternate dols, is there one master dol or do I need a different one for every game that requires it?

I've installed some VC wads, work perfectly. If I want to delete them, do I NEED to do it through a wad manager (meaning keep the files on my sd card), or can I just delete them using the normal Wii data management?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1