• Likes 6

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Is it possible to brick wii with a backup launcher/loader? If so, what measures to take to not make it happen? Futhermore, which backup launchers are most reliable for wii and gamecube backups? I mean discs, not usb drive.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
user0002 said:
Is it possible to brick wii with a backup launcher/loader? If so, what measures to take to not make it happen? Futhermore, which backup launchers are most reliable for wii and gamecube backups? I mean discs, not usb drive.
The backup launcher itself can't brick the wii
If you install a channel for it, that can brick you

Its just the usual stuff for precautions: preloader/bootmii as boot2

Neogamma is the best Disc Loader
SoftChip is great too

They can run GC games too if you know what option to choose in the MIOS patcher

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
About Gamecube's backup games on wii.. Is there any way to save Gamecube games' save game files on a usb drive (with a loader or some other tool) or can saving only be done on a Gamecube memory card?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
user0002 said:
About Gamecube's backup games on wii.. Is there any way to save Gamecube games' save game files on a usb drive (with a loader or some other tool) or can saving only be done on a Gamecube memory card?
Only a gamecube card
USB and SD get disabled in gamecube mode as well as NAND writing I believe

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Newbie here! My cousin left his wii with us and I am currently using it. Now my question is, what's the best brand of DVD to use to burn iso for hardmodded wii? I was using Dynex DVD+R 16x but it says Unable to Read Disc.. I am using ImgBurn.. The burning process seems successful but it doesnt read the disc.. I tried using Maxell DVD+R 16x instead and it does work but I almost ran out of it.. and I have plenty of Dynex but as I was saying.. it doesn't work.. So any recommendation for a DVD brand? The cheaper the better.. xD

Thanks alot,
-TheDestroyer

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use dvd-r's the wii seems to like them better and it's just pot luck I've used loads of cheap disks and never had a problem but most people recommend verbaitim

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem, hoping someone can help. CFG USB loader and hermes Uloader are the only two that I've gotten to work without going to a blank screen, thats fine with me. I was very happy to find CFG but now am trying to figure out the forwarder.

I have my SD card like this: SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg and SD:\usb-loader I can install the wad, the channel shows up, but it goes to a black screen and never brings up the loader. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I read earlier you needed IOS35 installed. I suppose while being in wad manager, if you can select to use ios35 for installation, that means you have it, right? I used ios249. not sure if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance guys.

inbetween

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't wanna start a whole new topic, but I have quick question. I've been out of the scene for a while and now I'm a really confused about the recent developments of USB Loader GX. Last time around, when there were releases of different kinds of loaders, I have to partition and reformat my HDD into WBFS format. Now I was reading the readme of GX on their site and it says it has support to load games from a FAT32 format. But once I get to the instructions, it says I still need to partition a space and reformat it into WBFS in order for me to use it. So, do I still have to switch to WBFS to use USB Loader? Someone please reply soon because backing up all my files would take a LOT of time, and being able to use FAT32 would seriously help. Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hi there

I'm still on rev7 and gamma, and never wanted to change my system till I have bootmii installed. Since I'm sort of nervous about flashing my boot2, I only want to do it once, with a non-beta version of bootmii. Now Bootmii beta 4 has been around for a while, and I haven't heard of many bugs. Is there any information at all if a final version is soon planned, as I can't find anything on hackmii?
smile.gif

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having troubles getting Jurassic: The Hunted loading through Disc Channel with cIOSCORP v3.6. I keep getting the #002 error, but yet somehow it works fine with NeoGamma8 beta 15 (installed as a channel). Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Also I'm on 4.2U.

poiuyt00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I downloaded a mod pack that worked perfectly last might and today I updated the homebrew channel and now the usb loader and homebrew channel stopped working, just make the wii reset. I tried to delete the channels and reload but the homechannel will not work and now I have no clue what to do. Is there a way to start over again or am I screwed. Regular games work though.

simply

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have downloaded a new dol r815.dol i change it to boot.dol and place it on my sd apps/usbloader and i over write the one thats all ready in the folder
now that i have a new dol do i all so need a differnt forwarder for the r815.dol ore will the forwarder use the new dol whitout anny probs

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
simply said:
i have downloaded a new dol r815.dol i change it to boot.dol and place it on my sd apps/usbloader and i over write the one thats all ready in the folder
now that i have a new dol do i all so need a differnt forwarder for the r815.dol ore will the forwarder use the new dol whitout anny probs
as long as it's in the same folder the forwarder will work

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which USB loaders can use FAT/FAT32 formatted drives? (To play the games)
I'm thinking Configurable USB Loader can and also maybe USB Loader GX?

If possible, PM me the answer.

Thanks, IOAPU

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Which USB loaders can use FAT/FAT32 formatted drives?
I'm thinking Configurable USB Loader can and also maybe USB Loader GX?

If possible, PM me the answer.

Thanks, IOAPU

Both mentioned can use FAT32 not sure about the others

eye123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wii is 4.2 LU649 softmod with the 4.2 modify tutorial here

Do I have to download and Trucha patch IOS60, IOS53 and IOS70 tp play backups on my type of wii?

I read a lot of pages in this thread and it seems to be a yes or no

I can play copied games ok now

Will I be able to play backups of the new type of "code" as the new mario without the above IOS's?

The 4.2 modify hack went so smooth and I don't want to mess anything up

Thanks for anymore info (on this type of wii)

eye123

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: anyway, I could use a hand, if anyone can point me in the right direction