• Views 519,659
  • Replies 3,824
  • Likes 6

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Get an IOS-64-v6174.wad (NOT v6400) with NUSD and also a system menu 4.1 one and install both with wad manager

oh got that working. I used both. DOP-IOS asks for v6400 then patches and installs v6174. thanks tho.

did use Wad Manager to install a necessary wad to run Madworld
tj_cool said:
QUOTE(Viteh @ Feb 5 2010, 12:15 AM) well, can I just read them/make an ISO with a normal DVD drive?

that would be faster indeed
Backup discs can be ripped on a PC and USB loader/Dumper (since they were made on a PC anyway)
Originals only with an USB loader/Dumper

yeah I thought the guy asked about originals. any backup should copy fine unless the burner used is crappy. anyway, gotta go to the local video club and...

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
tattar8 said:
Eichro said:
What should I do to make uLoader recognize my USB external disc drive? I've read somewhere in this forum that is possible, but I tried and, while the loader found the device, it didn't recognize it.

Are you running the latest uLoader?
Pretty sure I was... 4.1's the latest version, isn't it?
And just to clear any possible misunderstanding, what I mean by external disc drive is an external DVD-ROM, not HDD.
I can't find the thread where I read that, but I think they weren't talking about HDD either.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eichro said:
tattar8 said:
Eichro said:
What should I do to make uLoader recognize my USB external disc drive? I've read somewhere in this forum that is possible, but I tried and, while the loader found the device, it didn't recognize it.

Are you running the latest uLoader?
Pretty sure I was... 4.1's the latest version, isn't it?
And just to clear any possible misunderstanding, what I mean by external disc drive is an external DVD-ROM, not HDD.
I can't find the thread where I read that, but I think they weren't talking about HDD either.
I think it's very picky and your drive might not be compatible. Also, why would you want to use an external disc drive instead of a HD?

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, you know, I don't have a HDD and I do have an external drive, so I tried to make it work at least until I get myself a HDD, since the Wii drive is in pretty bad shape and I can barely play anything until then.

ONEDARTCARLO

Trophies
XP
Country
Just softmodded my wii with 4.2 firmware and everything went ok got homebrew channel etc downloaded waninkokos clos 249/50 and hermes clos 202 222/223 and went to use neogamma when i go to load it up for playing the backup disc it says "your clos has revison 17 to achieve best compatibility use revison 13a or 14.when i insert disc it spins as if loading but screen just goes black and blank but disc still spinning..can you help new to this!!

Rossman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a NTSC Wii with cIOS rev 16 and Wiikey 1. With PAL games do I have to patch them to NTSC before playing them in a USB loader? If so, what's the patching program called?

beserk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there any usb loader that can use iso that dont have paddings or dummy data? ( filler that makes the iso to 4gb )

if yes, what are some of the tools that allow those dummy data to be removed?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beserk1 said:
is there any usb loader that can use iso that dont have paddings or dummy data? ( filler that makes the iso to 4gb )

if yes, what are some of the tools that allow those dummy data to be removed?

Why dont you use the google ? It's WiiScrubber tool.
smile.gif

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, I have a problem here, please help!

I bought a wii from a friend, it's already installed with Neogamma R6 IOS249 Rev 16 as one of the channels in the wii.

Now I want to use cheats. I forgot the steps I used, but I ended up having HBC as one of the channels in the wii.

Now my questions are :

1. I have an SD card that's filled not only with Wii related files, but also photos etc (it's my friend's SD card from a DSLR camera).
Is it allrite to have it that way, or should I get rid of non-wii files?

2. In my apps folder I got Gecko193, ocarina and cheat code manager. I can't get the code manager to run, it says error then I have to reset my wii.
How can I use cheats? Do I really had to have all those 3 programs?

3. Is it necessary to upgrade my neogamma R6 to R8? If it is, how to upgrade it?
I'm really afraid of bricking my wii... If I hand it over to the store that sells wii, he'd upgrade it for me, but it'd cost me aroung 15 bucks, it's like equal to 10 meals for me hehehe..

Thanks for any responses

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
toukairin said:
hi, I have a problem here, please help!

I bought a wii from a friend, it's already installed with Neogamma R6 IOS249 Rev 16 as one of the channels in the wii.

Now I want to use cheats. I forgot the steps I used, but I ended up having HBC as one of the channels in the wii.

Now my questions are :

1. I have an SD card that's filled not only with Wii related files, but also photos etc (it's my friend's SD card from a DSLR camera).
Is it allrite to have it that way, or should I get rid of non-wii files?
You can keep the "non-wii" files

2. In my apps folder I got Gecko193, ocarina and cheat code manager. I can't get the code manager to run, it says error then I have to reset my wii.
How can I use cheats? Do I really had to have all those 3 programs?
Only ocarina is needed to use cheats. But gecko OS has ocarina included, so keep that.
You can use the PC version of code manager too.

3. Is it necessary to upgrade my neogamma R6 to R8? If it is, how to upgrade it?
I'm really afraid of bricking my wii... If I hand it over to the store that sells wii, he'd upgrade it for me, but it'd cost me aroung 15 bucks, it's like equal to 10 meals for me hehehe..
If everything works, you don't need to update. Updating it is as simple as getting the newest dol and replacing the one on the SD card with it. That will never brick your wii.

Thanks for any responses

QUOTE(beserk1 @ Feb 10 2010, 06:37 PM) can all of the usb loader use an iso that have been scrubbed?
Yes

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
toukairin said:
Is it necessary to upgrade my neogamma R6 to R8? If it is, how to upgrade it?

necessary to play newer games like NSMB wii, check out the neogamma auto-mod in my signature, u can copy it to your sd card, or you can install the channel to your wii as a 'backup-disk channel' so u can play backup disks without needing your sd card plugged into your wii (only custom settings saved to sd card)

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@tj
thanks a bunch! appreciate it!

btw, everytime I load the Gecko OS (via HBC), the wii goes black screen..can't press anything, can't turn off the wii either. I have to unplug my wii's power cable!
frown.gif

xflak40 said:
toukairin said:
Is it necessary to upgrade my neogamma R6 to R8? If it is, how to upgrade it?

necessary to play newer games like NSMB wii, check out the neogamma auto-mod in my signature, u can copy it to your sd card, or you can install the channel to your wii as a 'backup-disk channel' so u can play backup disks without needing your sd card plugged into your wii (only custom settings saved to sd card)

I can play new super mario bros wii (SMNE01), but the darn Wii won't load the cheat codes .gct from geckocodes... it says codes found, applying, but when I play it, no cheat is on...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
toukairin said:
I can play new super mario bros wii (SMNE01), but the darn Wii won't load the cheat codes .gct from geckocodes... it says codes found, applying, but when I play it, no cheat is on...
You have to change something in the settings then (I think its Hook something..)
The options for it are IV and GC I think
Try changing it to something it isn't set to

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share