Hacking Questions between Gateway3ds and Luma3ds with A9LH

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello guys,I am quite newbie user for CFW ,because I am using Gateway3ds all the way since the first day I got my O3DS LL 3 years ago and learnt to setup RxTools last year for installing some cia that gateway doesn't support.I haven't touch my 3ds for about 7months and suddenly when I'm back to 3ds scene,I saw so many changes and updates,so I am little bit confusing regarding all that changes.

I have read on both Pailect and Gateway guide for installing A9LH,so my questions are :

1)Am I able to switch to Gateway mode after installing Luma3ds with Pailect's guide?If so,how do I do that?
2) Am I able to switch to Luma3ds mode after installing gateway's a9lh ? If so,how do i do that?
3) Do I need separated/multiple SD cards to do the tricks for 1 and 2 ? Is dual mode possible for 1 SD card?

PS: My o3ds LL sysnand is on 4.5 and I still like gateway because of exFat format,3ds/3dz rom copying speed from PC and the gwcheat. I am not interested on NTR ,sorry about that,because mine is o3ds.

Thank you for listening to me,hopefully I could get the most understandable answers,thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
1)Am I able to switch to Gateway mode after installing Luma3ds with Pailect's guide?If so,how do I do that?
Yes, after setting up a9lh, follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

2) Am I able to switch to Luma3ds mode after installing gateway's a9lh ? If so,how do i do that?
No, if you use Gateway's method, you're stuck with it. It's not advised!

3) Do I need separated/multiple SD cards to do the tricks for 1 and 2 ? Is dual mode possible for 1 SD card?
You don't need more than one SD card. I don't know what you mean by dual mode.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide after installing A9LH, and you'll boot into Gateway if you press a button on startup, otherwise you'll boot to Luma:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Just keep in mind that Gateway doesn't currently support 11.1, so careful not to update any further than you intend to.

[Edit] Ninja'd by Ninjacat, I mean Quantumcat. Or is Quantumcat a good ninja because of quantum entanglement?

Last edited by evandixon,
Reactions: Quantumcat

kkusagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes, after setting up a9lh, follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

No, if you use Gateway's method, you're stuck with it. It's not advised!

You don't need more than one SD card. I don't know what you mean by dual mode.

Thank you so much for the detailed answers, the dual mode means switching between luma to gateway or gateway to luma ,which you have explained,thank you.

Follow this guide after installing A9LH, and you'll boot into Gateway if you press a button on startup, otherwise you'll boot to Luma:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Just keep in mind that Gateway doesn't currently support 11.1, so careful not to update any further than you intend to.

[Edit] Ninja'd by Ninjacat, I mean Quantumcat. Or is Quantumcat a good ninja because of quantum entanglement?

Thank you ^ _ ^

TheTheTony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com