Question: why my Nintendo switch format my sd card in exFat...

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Sam_SpadeR, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Sam_SpadeR GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    And then when I format to Fat32 manually the Switch don't recognize the SD and makes me format it again.

Also, it is normal that if I pass some big NSP files then the SD card delete them? I just bought a Samsung Evo Plus 256 and don't really know if that's normal.

Thanks.

Ps: and for the last, it is normal that Goldleaf takes forever to install an NSP?

2. Elalexyzoner

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    Sounds like you have got a Fake SD card, otherwise you would have no problems.

3. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    No problem with NSP files and such?

What if I change the SD card? Would I have to do something to the Switch or something?

4. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    Yea it does look like it's a fake card
    Because the behavior that you pointed out is exactly how a fake card behaves
    It shows high capacity but actually is very low capacity and when that point is crossed, the card just starts overwriting over old files
    Check spawn wave on youtube he did a video regarding that i think

5. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    Damn! It must be truth. I just bought it a few days ago and I must say it was suspicious from the very beginning showing almost all the 256 GB in the card.

Thanks, man. I will check the video you mentioned.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, one more thing. So, what if I change the SD? Should I do something else to the console or something?

Budsixz likes this.
  6. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    you can just switch out the card, no problem. since it's likely the files on it are corrupted (if it is indeed a fake sd card) you'd have to download your cfw files again though.

7. Sam_SpadeR
    OP

Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    Thank you, Clyde. I will change it for sure.