Migrate Emunand to a exFAT from FAT32

ZuraJanai671

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have Netac SD card in FAT32 for 128GB, so I bought Samsung EVO PLUS in exFAT format and there is no option to format it in FAT32. Is that important to format it FAT32 first or I can migrate just by copy and paste?

ZuraJanai671

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Move the emunand first then format it to FAT32 using minitool parititon wizard.
I used Rufus 4.2 to format yeah, While I was waiting for an answer I tried to search cons of exfat and everyone say exFat is only matter of time when its gonna to corrupt files.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used Rufus 4.2 to format yeah, While I was waiting for an answer I tried to search cons of exfat and everyone say exFat is only matter of time when its gonna to corrupt files.

The issue with exFAT is that there is no journaling, any interrruption during data transfer can lead to corruption and data loss.

ZuraJanai671

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue with exFAT is that there is no journaling, any interrruption during data transfer can lead to corruption and data loss.
I didnt know that, thank you, to my understanding exFat have no benefits for console and only risks because even if you need install large game you usually use DBInstaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch