(Question) Why cant we....

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Abu_Senpai, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Ikebukuro
    Okay so you now how with the PSP we can simply move our themes/games/saves to our SD card via our Pc.

Why cant the same be done with the vita? Is it because we havent gained access to 100% of the system yet ? is that the reason behind everyone needing to use QMCA and FTP to transfer files to the vita?

2. tom2199

tom2199 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    The PSP had this feature without CFW, it was part of the original firmware. The Vita doesn't have that, the only "official" way is CMA.

Abu_Senpai likes this.
  3. Abu_Senpai
    OP

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Ikebukuro

Could something like that be possible in the future for the vita? i mean if hackers gain access to the entire system?

Edit: Cma? that different to QCMA right?

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    CMA is the official tool for transferring things to/from your Vita released by Sony themselves.

QCMA is a modified version of CMA, which gives additional access (like pkg file installation and Vita updates) and is not official in any way.

As for your question, we don't know if it'd be possible, but it probably is. I would assume the Vita doesn't exactly have a USB mass storage protocol beyond CMA, so someone would (most likely) have to write one themselves to get it working for the Vita.

5. tom2199

tom2199 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Nobody knows.

The official CMA. QCMA is an open source implementation of that.