Hacking (Question) Why cant we....

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Okay so you now how with the PSP we can simply move our themes/games/saves to our SD card via our Pc.

Why cant the same be done with the vita? Is it because we havent gained access to 100% of the system yet ? is that the reason behind everyone needing to use QMCA and FTP to transfer files to the vita?

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The PSP had this feature without CFW, it was part of the original firmware. The Vita doesn't have that, the only "official" way is CMA.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
The PSP had this feature without CFW, it was part of the original firmware. The Vita doesn't have that, the only "official" way is CMA.

Could something like that be possible in the future for the vita? i mean if hackers gain access to the entire system?

Edit: Cma? that different to QCMA right?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
CMA is the official tool for transferring things to/from your Vita released by Sony themselves.

QCMA is a modified version of CMA, which gives additional access (like pkg file installation and Vita updates) and is not official in any way.

As for your question, we don't know if it'd be possible, but it probably is. I would assume the Vita doesn't exactly have a USB mass storage protocol beyond CMA, so someone would (most likely) have to write one themselves to get it working for the Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended