Hacking [Question] Whats the deal with 9.6 and EmuNand

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am updating my emunand on my 2DS even as I type this. But it's going slow, so I'm going to stop typing now. My 2DS currently doesn't have anything on it since I transfered my stuff to my new 3ds, but if I can get to eshop then cool. 1/4 way thru. How was your weather today? Hit the 70's here in Seattle. Bong hit time. Hmmm, it's taking it's sweet time at 3/4. Guess another bong hit. Hmm, an error has occurred, that isn't good.

Okay, couple reboots, then having to copy the launcher.dat back over because for whatever reason the one there wasn't working, finishing the system update and now rebooting system.

Okay, after doing exploit to get into gateway, both screens are black. Tried again, both black. Now I'm seeing if I reformat the emunand if that will help, but probably not. It's looking like no one can do 9.6 emunand currently. Though if I'm understanding everything correctly, the old 3DS will probably have an update quicker then the new 3DS.

That was good. :grog:

Everytime someone replies a one-word post saying "soon", a kitten gets killed. :gun:

Crap. I am not only evil but a mass murderer as well. :cry:

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So can we get a clear answer, all bullshit aside, to the following:

does emunand work on 9.6 with the old3ds (all current chips/cfws/whatever the hell else is around):

does emunand work on 9.6 with the NEW3ds: (From what I'm reading this is a no)

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway without emunand for 9.6 is worse than sky3ds, so even if they only fix it for old 3ds, have to release a fix quick

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We don't really need emunand 9.6 for now anyway, on N3DS at least.

On old 3DS, it shouldn't be a problem to make it work as they previously said that 9.5+ would only be a problem with the N3DS, and emunand 9.6 would only be required for now for people who have old 4.x 3DS and want to update their emunand to play games.

As N3DS base firmware (at least, western ones) is 9.0, no real need to update. Eshop? You can get the games and updates as cia files (and Gateway is a flashcard, I don't see most of people using it going to the eshop to buy games anyway...). The only thing I see that will be missing with emunand 9.0 is System Transfer but well, that's not a big deal. People who wanted to do one had the time to do it with 9.5, and it's not that really important anway (if you have legit games, just redownload them as cia files, and here you go).

Gateway without emunand for 9.6 is worse than sky3ds, so even if they only fix it for old 3ds, have to release a fix quick

No. No emunand 9.6 doesn't mean no emunand at all. It just mean you will be on 9.5 for old 3DS and 9.0/9.2 (at worst) for N3DS. Not a big deal, as I explained upper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.