[Question] Some games won't just run even after updating sigpatches

MrZong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Some games i have in my library just won't run, unless i delete their last update and run them in version 1.0.0 like captain toad.
even after deleting and installing new sigpatches, they just don't run and idk what to do to get these games run properly
maybe is there something else i have to delete?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games i have in my library just won't run, unless i delete their last update and run them in version 1.0.0 like captain toad.
even after deleting and installing new sigpatches, they just don't run and idk what to do to get these games run properly
maybe is there something else i have to delete?
Check FW requirements of the update vs your current FW.

Check your FW in System Settings

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with binkinator. It can only be requirements not fulfilled. Update to latest firmware, latest Atmosphere, latest sigpatches, and every game fully updated should run with no problems. Can you list some problematic games and the error messages they give?

MrZong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
it might be a bit hard to do it properly as i'm hispanic so my messages will be in spanish but i will try to update this reply later, as i'm busy at work right now.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might be a bit hard to do it properly as i'm hispanic so my messages will be in spanish but i will try to update this reply later, as i'm busy at work right now.

Forum policy, you have to post in English, so if you want help you would have to post in English or we won't help you.

Reactions: SylverReZ

MrZong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
FW: 15.0.0
AMS 1.4.0|S
Running directly on cfw, no emunand whatsoever
some games i just get this message
"the software closed because an error occurred"
For the following games, captain toad treasure tracker, mario kart 8 deluxe
others i have the same message but with an additional code "2002-4000" such as
super mario party, sparks of hope, pokemon legends.
other games will work properly like bayonetta 3, so i don't really know what could be causing this incoherent way of work from the sigpatches.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FW: 15.0.0
AMS 1.4.0|S
Running directly on cfw, no emunand whatsoever
some games i just get this message
"the software closed because an error occurred"
For the following games, captain toad treasure tracker, mario kart 8 deluxe
others i have the same message but with an additional code "2002-4000" such as
super mario party, sparks of hope, pokemon legends.
other games will work properly like bayonetta 3, so i don't really know what could be causing this incoherent way of work from the sigpatches.

You can either try to redo the signature patches, or reinstall the game and see if it work if you have the correct signature patches.

https://github.com/sthetix/HATS/releases/tag/1.4.0

you can grab the patches from this pack, they are in the atmosphere kip_patches and exefs_patches folder.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's something else you can try that helped me multiple times with this issue in the past:
Maintenance mode. If you are sure all games are installed correctly and you have correct sigpatches applied but games still won't launch, turn off the console and hold VOL+ and VOL- while you boot it up again.
If you're booting from hekate that's fine. Just click on the icon to launch your (Custom) Firmware and immediately hit the two VOL buttons.
Once you've entered maintenance mode, you're done. Hold POWER to get out of it and restart your device. Everything should work now.

Last edited by lordelan,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There's something else you can try that helped me multiple times with this issue in the past:
Maintenance mode. If you are sure all games are installed correctly and you have correct sigpatches applied but games still won't launch, turn off the console and hold VOL+ and VOL- while you boot it up again.
If you're booting from hekate that's fine. Just click on the icon to launch your (Custom) Firmware and immediately hit the two VOL buttons.
Once you're entered maintenance mode, you're done. Hold POWER to get out of it and restart your device. Everything should work now.
Yeah, universal fixer. Was about to suggest the same

Reactions: lordelan

MrZong

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Once you're entered maintenance mode, you're done. Hold POWER to get out of it and restart your device. Everything should work now.
i boot from hekate, by plugging my switch to the pc after doing rcm
so i have to boot hekate, launch cfw on sysnand, and then hit the two vol buttons? gotta try that later and tell how it goes, i'm at work again, but thanks a lot for all the help.

Also a quick side question, i used to own a sx pro dongle, but that doesn't seem to trigger anymore the payloads, maybe its burned out? because i tried charging it beforehand but no result whatsoever.

ok It worked, booting into maintenance mode and exiting, without choosing any option, that really worked like a charm, thanks a lot

Last edited by MrZong,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe its burned out?
Did you use CTCaer's python script to have the boot.dat boot any other payload (like hekate) instead? If not it would try to boot SX OS which won't do anything if your FW is too new.
However it could definitely have a drained out battery. What fixed that for me was always to just plug it into my phone for a few minutes.
ok It worked, booting into maintenance mode and exiting, without choosing any option, that really worked like a charm, thanks a lot
Nice, really glad to hear that mate.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm having the exact same issue and I'm clueless. Even did the maintenance mode thing...
If you made sure that:
  • you are on latest FW
  • you are on latest CFW (Atmosphère)
  • your game is from a legit source and not a damaged NSP/XCI
  • you have the most recent sigpatches
  • even entering maintenance mode didn't help
Then I'm sorry to say that, but your SD card might be dying and the game won't launch due to parts of it being on corrupted places on the SD's memory. I had this issue with my 400 GB card after three years and replaced it. After that, all those same games were working fine.

Reactions: binkinator

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you made sure that:
  • you are on latest FW
  • you are on latest CFW (Atmosphère)
  • your game is from a legit source and not a damaged NSP/XCI
  • you have the most recent sigpatches
  • even entering maintenance mode didn't help
Then I'm sorry to say that, but your SD card might be dying and the game won't launch due to parts of it being on corrupted places on the SD's memory. I had this issue with my 400 GB card after three years and replaced it. After that, all those same games were working fine.
Yeah did all that. Base game works fine, but once I apply an update it stops working.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah did all that. Base game works fine, but once I apply an update it stops working.
That's odd. I'd still try to get that update from other sources.
Which game is it btw?
Also try different installers. Switch between DBI, Tinfoil, AtmoXL Title Installer and so on, to be sure.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Sup