Hacking Question on replacing hard drive

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have went through all the steps and got CFW Rebug 4.81 on my PS3 now. I immediately realized my 75 gbs of space is not going to be enough. I have a 1.5tb internal hard drive on the way. My questions is, after I swap the hard drive out, will I need to completely redo all of the steps to get the firmware back to Rebug? So, would I have to redo the NOR/NAND writer, then install Ferrox, and then install rebug again?

Ohgr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, use the same CFW PS3UPDAT.PUP that is on the console now.
So to clarify, I can simply replace the hard drive and use the ps3Updat I used previously to install Rebug? I do not need to go through all the steps prior again? I will not have to install Ferrox, QA Toggler, or go through any of the steps to use the Nor/Nand writer?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So to clarify, I can simply replace the hard drive and use the ps3Updat I used previously to install Rebug? I do not need to go through all the steps prior again? I will not have to install Ferrox, QA Toggler, or go through any of the steps to use the Nor/Nand writer?
Correct, your console is already hacked but most of the OS must be reinstalled since it goes to the disk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all