[Question]Linking a NNID to SysNAND after linking it to EmuNAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by bache, Jul 31, 2015.

1. bache
    OP

bache GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 28, 2009
    In preparation for Freehax, I was going to go on to the eShop on my SysNAND and download all of the free titles, however I forgot that I had never set up my NNID in my SysNAND. If I enter it now, will it have any adverse effect on my EmuNAND eShop access? If so, is it safe to create a new NNID, and use a different NNID on each NAND?

2. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Short answer - Yes, sign in with your NNID on sysNAND.

Longer explanation - You can't have two different NNID tied to the same unit via sysNAND or emuNAND. Actually, your eShop access probably doesn't even work in emuNAND because you're not signed in on sysNAND yet. If your NAND's are unlinked (I'm assuming so), you need to sign in with your NNID from sysNAND so your unit will update on Nintendo servers end, which will then let emuNAND sign in correctly too.

3. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    Am I able to sign in and/or create a NNID through my sysNAND 9.2?

4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    I have 2DS and O3DS. Both have never created/ signed up a NNID on sysNAND, formatted emuNAND then unlinked with sysNAND, created a new NNID and signed on emuNAND. Everything is so far so good. However, I can't sign in NNID on sysNAND, it keeps telling me that I need to upgrade to the latest firmware.

It's weird that I can sign NNID up on N3DS sysNAND 9.2 without the need of latest firmware...

5. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    I had unlinked my Sys & Emu -> Created Emunand NNID -> Created Sysnand NNID (For the freehax *Which doesn't work on firmware 9.2 or below*)

Now i'm unable to login to my emunands e-shop. Getting error code 022-2634.

I >think< in order to fix this i'll have to restore my backed up emunand, but haven't bothered trying it yet. >_>

6. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    I don't know, give it a try? I've had no issue in the past, but creating a new one might cause some issue.

7. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    Finally got iron fall on my 2DS(sysnand 9.2)