Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, Been rolling with the dsl with an m3 real for a while now. but the weather up here is bad, and im bored with some money(but still as cheap as ever).

Current option wait:

pros: price lowers, hacking progress matures
cons: 3ds firmware advances, potentional security incresess

2nd Option buy now:

Pros: compatible firmware(hopefully), I get to have some fun with it
cons: would have to buy a new flash-cart for ds games(m3 real wont work right?)

I would probably be buying off eBay, and probably unused.
If I buy now, I would have to get a new flash cart, Is it reasonably safe to assume that a flash cart that works with the 3ds for ds games now would be able to play 3ds games in the future, or is it more likely we would need a further advance in 3ds flash cart hardware? If the first, which is the best working flash carts currently? Finally, I remember early on reports of bricking and hacking logs being found on the 3ds if a flash cart was used on it, are there any risks currently of using a flash cart on the 3ds?

So what do you think, buy now or wait more?
Thank you for you help, I realize these are a lot of old questions.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is hitting a really hard time right now; It's almost literally on the verge of failing.

You should wait until the Vita comes out and see if it lasts. If it does, it'd be smart to buy it then. DS mode protection sucks on the 3DS, so if you want to use your DS flashcarts, you shouldn't really worry about that.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When an exploit for the 3DS comes out, one will have time to buy a 3DS before being forced to buy a 3DS with the patched firmware. If that is your reason for buying it now, you should probably just wait. However, you are correct that the M3 Real does not work with the 3DS; you would have to purchase a new flashcart for DS games.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy whenever...if you are getting a 3ds just to play ds games, the only upgrade would be having an analog for old ds games...i own a AK2i and dont use anymore due to the lack of depth in ds games....not worried about bricking, and the 3ds capable flashcart may never happen , personally i hope it doesnt..i want hombrew channel instead..trust me, when you upgrade to a 3ds from a reg ds you will see how the reg ds is the playschool version of gamming..... time to grow up

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superthorn96 said:
why is the 3ds on the verge of failing
It isn't. Some people are over exaggerating and very small few are bias.

A email from Nintendo state there at least 100 games right now being work on. I sent some complains from others to Nintendo.

QUOTE said:
While I can certainly appreciate your concerns about licensee support for games on the Nintendo 3DS, I wanted to point out that there are roughly sixty games estimated for release and another forty games announced for the system. The vast majority of these games are from licensee companies. For more information concerning games for the 3DS, I suggest that you check out the Games section of www.nintendo.com and click on the tab for "Games for the Nintendo 3DS".

QUOTE(Feels Good Man @ Jul 20 2011, 10:17 PM)
The level of stupidity is overwhelming. Oh my god. >__>
laugh.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superthorn96 said:
why is the 3ds on the verge of failing
It can be considered as is, due to the fact that companies themselves are now reluctant to develop for a system. In the case that this happens, the 3DS can very well fall into a sales drop and end up killing itself.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a pro-Nintendo fanboy.

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Feels Good Man said:
The level of stupidity is overwhelming. Oh my god. >__>
This. The 3DS is not dying it can only go up from here, the latest sales figure in japan shows it's the best selling system last month beating the psp by almost 2 to 1. People saying it's gonna fail don't know what there talking about and are essentially talking out of there ass.
Source

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
have you all not seen the list of canceled games on the front page? and again.. everything that the 3ds is getting is going to be a port. they have take too long to release 1st party games and to release anything new..

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
have you all not seen the list of canceled games on the front page? and again.. everything that the 3ds is getting is going to be a port. they have take too long to release 1st party games and to release anything new..
...I'm starting to agree with Feels Good Man...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
Which is small,most have been put down early and have not even be started which wasn't even the fault of 3ds.

100 games coming vs what like 2 games that (barely) had a reason to hold and a game cancel probably because the creator gone?

Slyakin said:
With a system made of most remakes and ports, you can't really call that success.

More like cashing in.
At the beginning of the system and you being that harsh?

QUOTE(HateBreed @ Jul 20 2011, 10:35 PM)
this 3ds business is making me sad.. if they release the original pokemon (red blue yellow gold silver etc.) i'd feel content with my purchase.. but with the lack of games and crappy 3d (I mean c'mon its 2 screens blurred together that cause headaches and eye problems) I would advise you to stay away at least for now. If they ever do hack it.. what would there be to hack.. Do you really wanna play SSF43D for free that bad?
So because you can't handle the 3d it crappy now? Yea, ok.
rolleyes.gif

There at least few games out you should like.

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this 3ds business is making me sad.. if they release the original pokemon (red blue yellow gold silver etc.) i'd feel content with my purchase.. but with the lack of games and crappy 3d (I mean c'mon its 2 screens blurred together that cause headaches and eye problems) I would advise you to stay away at least for now. If they ever do hack it.. what would there be to hack.. Do you really wanna play SSF43D for free that bad?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
What? The 3D isn't bad, and I've never gotten a headache or...eye problems. Something must be wrong with your eyes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1