Hacking Question: Buy now or later?

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well compared to realD3d this is just ass. But I play without the 3d because I have attention and eye problems. But Nintendo could at least have had one super bad ass game at launch and make people go crazy for it. But they're so focused on the Wii U that they didn't have time to release a game for an overpriced handheld

EDIT: I meant everything that has been anounced so far is going to be a port. I got the 3ds because I wanted the mario kart and kid icarus.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
princefarzan said:
Feels Good Man said:
The level of stupidity is overwhelming. Oh my god. >__>
This. The 3DS is not dying it can only go up from here, the latest sales figure in japan shows it's the best selling system last month beating the psp by almost 2 to 1. People saying it's gonna fail don't know what there talking about and are essentially talking out of there ass.
Source
of course it will beat the psp , the psp is in decline and everyons already bought one

HateBreed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deathking said:
princefarzan said:
Feels Good Man said:
The level of stupidity is overwhelming. Oh my god. >__>
This. The 3DS is not dying it can only go up from here, the latest sales figure in japan shows it's the best selling system last month beating the psp by almost 2 to 1. People saying it's gonna fail don't know what there talking about and are essentially talking out of there ass.
Source
of course it will beat the psp , the psp is in decline and everyons already bought one
I've bought 6.. and roughly 9 Ds (ds phat-DSI XL)

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Many good points have been made. For me, this all comes down to titles "mario, zelda, kirby, metroid, pokemon etc" of which would at best be emulated on the vita, I dont care about the 3d, or which system has more graphical power. its been a while guys but remember the days of launch for ds1, it had almost no good titles. But when it had good titles they were fun... Tho I do think that Nintendo is going to have to drop there price in order to stay competitive with the vita if the vita is $250

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
I would suggest that you wait and let some solid titles build unless there's already titles that have already been released that you really want to play. For me, so far, the 3DS is gracefully lacking in solid titles (IMO). Let things play out for a few months, maybe then there will be some good titles already released. Buy later, unless, you get it at a really good deal.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just buy the 3DS and enjoy it like most everyone else that owns one has. Keep your other system for your flash card. That is what I've been doing at it works out great. I love my 3DS, and my DSI XL and I rarely touch my DSL except as an .mp3 player. And what 10 canceled games ...Pfffffttt who cares. Tons more coming, and ones I would enjoy much more anyways.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what games have been canceled ,besides megaman legends=( ?
i would wait cause i alreay know hat is going to happen and most people should as well
and that is a smaller version with longer battery life and a much bigger better brighter screen will come out in about a years time ,like the ipad 2 not even 1 year after ipad 1 , and we already see other devices using an autostereoscopic screen ,like the new htc smart phone, that has a much bigger and im sure better and brighter screen than the 3ds, and im sure they could buy up the surplus of screens once all the other smartphones start comming out with 3d displays and the older displays become old and cheaper
there will be a glut of screens with parallax barriers soon, i can already tell , there doing the same old shit they do with everything, its planned obsolescence to the enth degree, iphone 5 comming out in september,and on and on
i mean are you telling me that nobody though of having the 3d camera swivel on the new htc phone ,so that it could be used to do 3d video chat,like a 3d facetime, i mean i though of it the 1st time i saw the 3ds prototype and saw the cameras were pointing out instead of in ,i had no idea about AR at the time, and it was a gaming device but i still say they should make the camera assembly on the 3ds reversable for that reason
but a phone are you shitting me? you mean to tell me they put in a 3d screen and only thought of having it there to take 3dvideos and still pics? no f-ing way
they are going to come out with the new htc in like 3 or 6 months that has the 3d screen and either 4 fixed cameras or 1 fixed and 2 that swivel around to take 3d video and do the 3d video chat too
then all the phones will have it ,then the screens will be much cheaper
i know i will probably get a 3ds once i trade in a bunch of games i have and get a credit so i pay like nothing for it , but still i know i am going to be stuck with the 3ds equivalent of the original ds

i see no reason ,the only game i want now is zelda ,i wont buy mercenaries casue of the 1 sav file thing , and im pissed that kid icarus was delayed and no date was even given ,and i bet the other good games like mario and kart will be delayed , its ninty signature shit ,delay ,dealy, delay ,sometimes even to a whole new console
i will say i dont think the 3d is that bad on it , its certainly much better than the 3d tv's that are out, that 3d sucks shit, and i wouldnt give you 2 cents for it ,i thought it was going to be real-d quality ,boy was i wrong , the red and blue glasses are better than that gimmick crap ,the 3ds 3d is much better
but it did give me a headache after only a few mintes i had a mingrain
i was looking into the invidia 3d but since it only works with like 3 monitors, and all the monitors( which are verry few )that they list on their site say they only can display 3d blu ray movies but nothing else,like games , except for like 3 monitors , and no tv's work except mitsubihi and not for games only blu ray movies ,and they list shit on the compatibility that isnt even compatible at all not for blu ray or games,douche bags

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have some money and you're bored with your DSi already, then just go for it. But if you do, make sure that there is a game(s) from the current available titles that you think you will be playing for months to come because other than that, all you will have is your M3i. Which you could just use if you have your DSi.

Personally, I am waiting for them to release a certain thing. *cough*revision*cough*
smileipb2.png

kotaro_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the 3DS may have beat the PSP in sales, but when the Vita comes out, well let's just say that the 3DS won't really have much to work with.

If Nintendo really wants people to buy their stuff they have to:

1) Stop thinking that graphics don't matter. YES, THEY DO!
2) Appeal more to the teens/young adults, make more mature games available for the Console.
3) Stop making weird controllers like the Wii U and stick with traditional controllers.
4) Please make it Touch Capacitive instead of the more older/ancient resistive touch screen.
5) Make sure that your products don't have problems like hinge problems and etc.!
6) More RAM and CPU!!!

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the 3ds has enough graphic power, and i also think that a capacitive screen would be a nightmre , they are too sensitve,you would be hitting things all the time by accident, i see it all the time with smartphones, you would need a capacitve stylus too , i think they should have put a second analog on the thing though, there is plenty of room for one, they could have used it for gc ports and to keep the original controls for games like a wind waker port, i think they could still do a WW port but it might be a disaster if they mess with the controls,like they did with mario64 ds, i was not happy with the control scheme at all on that game ,and the scheme for kid icarus looks like it might be really awkward too , im not really a fan of having to use a touch screen and a stylus to move, it gets really annoying at times with phantom hourglass too , i mean if your a righty and you have to move from left to right, then you can see what your walking into cause your hand is there holding the stylus, it gets annoying at times,there should be an analog option ,look at the 3ds ,plenty or room on te right side of it for another analog, cant wait for a bigger screen too , the whole top lid could be a screen and the spearers could be moved

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...