• Replies 255
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
3DS Hacking FAQ

Basics[/p]
  • Q: Can the 3DS be hacked?
    A - As a matter of fact, it can be hacked.
  • Q: How would I hack the 3DS?
    A - You would need to purchase a flashcart. A list of flashcarts that work on the 3DS is available below. I suggest the Supercard DSTWO if you're planning on purchasing a 3DS flashcart but feel free to choose any other flashcart in the list below
  • Q: What is a flashcart?
    A - A flashcart is a device that resembles a DS game cartridge that can store commercial games and homebrew applications. Most flashcarts require a microSD card. More info on flashcarts can be found here.
  • Q: Is there anything that can play 3DS roms/game files?
    A - No, nothing can play 3DS roms as of now.
  • Q: Can I softmod the 3DS?
    A - No, you can't.
Other[/p]
  • Q: Can Nintendo brick 3DS systems if I use a flashcart on it?
    A - As far as we know, Nintendo cannot brick 3DS systems if a flashcart is used on it for a number of reasons. There is a small possibility that it may be true, though so use a flashcart at your own risk.
  • Q: What type of flashcarts have a chance of working on the 3DS?
    A - Only carts that can be updated to work on the DSi (reflashable flashcarts) have a chance of working on the 3DS.
  • Q: How does the DS-Mode hack work?
    A - The hack works the same way DSi flashcarts work. The flashcart uses the header of a legit game to bypass the flash cart block.
  • Q: Do existing DS flashcarts work on the 3DS?
    A - A number of flashcarts have been confirmed to work with an update. Look at the list above for a list of flashcarts that work on the 3DS. The CycloDS iEvolution is the only known flashcart that works without an update.
  • Q: When will 3DS-Mode be hacked?.
    A - The 3DS has had DS-Mode hacked within a day of its Japanese release. Nobody knows when the 3DS-Mode will be hacked, though.
  • Q: Where will I be able to find out when the 3DS gets hacked for 3DS-Mode?
    A: You will be able to find out right here on GBAtemp. Be sure to check the User Submitted News section, the frontpage or this section (3DS Hacking) to get information related to the 3DS hacks.
  • Q: Where can I get a 3DS game ROM?
    I cannot state where you can obtain a 3DS game file. A couple of games have been dumped by the group LGC.
  • Q: How would I backup a save-file from my legitimate 3DS game card?
    A - One way to backup a save file is by using the NDS Adapter Plus and then downloading the new NDS Adapter Plus 3.01 firmware. After that, you would put the 3DS game card inside the slot on the NDS Adapter Plus and then press "Back up (cart to PC)".

Another way to backup a 3DS game savefile is by using DSaveManager, a tool made by Crediar. Do note that the tool only works on a DS Phat/DS Lite and requires you to either "saw off the edge" of the 3DS game card or "open the card with a knife and insert the board into a DS card-case".
  • Q: Have any flashcart teams made any claims regarding the 3DS?
    A - The Supercard team said that "even though the 3DS will feature new anti-piracy protection mechanisms, the possibilities offered by the SCDSTWO's embedded CPU will allow them to find a workaround quickly".

Other Info/Guides/Links[/p]
icon11.gif
Some hacking concepts and links - FAST6191
icon11.gif
3DBrew Wiki

Reactions: Margen67

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
SmokeFox said:
UniqueGeek said:
machomuu said:
Hopefully this will reduce the amount of inevitable noob threads...
It won't work. They post without looking at existing threads.
It won't work, there is no noob blocker, everyone was a noob someday and it is a noob at some specific area.

Just because you were doesn't mean everyone was.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Antoligy said:
All reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts will support DSmode on the 3DS, you may want to amend your FAQ with that.
I'll update it.
I'm quite shocked. I wake up and see a flood of news regarding flashcarts working on the 3DS.
ohmy.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
SoulSnatcher said:
Antoligy said:
All reflashable DSi compatible flashcarts will support DSmode on the 3DS, you may want to amend your FAQ with that.
I'll update it.
I'm quite shocked. I wake up and see a flood of news regarding flashcarts working on the 3DS.
ohmy.gif
I'm more shocked that Nintendo were dumb enough to do the exact same thing as with DSi on the 3DS. But then again, this isn't 3DSmode

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Antoligy said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Antoligy said:
I'll update it.
ohmy.gif
I'm more shocked that Nintendo were dumb enough to do the exact same thing as with DSi on the 3DS. But then again, this isn't 3DSmode
what do you mean?

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
TechnoWorm said:
Antoligy said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Antoligy said:
I'll update it.
ohmy.gif
what do you mean?
the 3DS uses the same technique as the DSi did for DS games, therefore teams will be able to use the same DSi exploit (namely changing the header to mimic a different game, every update).
Bear in mind, you won't be able to run 3DS games as easily as that.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I agree with antoligy.
Idiotic.
Just beeping idiotic.

It looks like their just changed header spots it checked, or simpler still just blocked the known headers from running.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I updated it with the latest information.
The thread is quite a bit more helpful now that there is an actual hack.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q: Have any flashcart teams made any claims regarding the 3DS?
A - The Supercard team said that "even though the 3DS will feature new anti-piracy protection mechanisms, the possibilities offered by the SCDSTWO's embedded CPU will allow them to find a workaround quickly".

sweet!!!

glad i have a dstwo

wonder if they also refer to 3ds mode
that beefy cpu and gpu in the 3ds would be great for emulators such as n64 etc

D

Deleted_171835

OP
bigpaws said:
QUOTE said:
Q: Have any flashcart teams made any claims regarding the 3DS?
sweet!!!

glad i have a dstwo

wonder if they also refer to 3ds mode
that beefy cpu and gpu in the 3ds would be great for emulators such as n64 etc
The CPU won't be needed to access DS-Mode.
Any reflashable DSi flashcart (DSTWO, Acekard 2i, etc.) will be able to access DS-Mode with an update.

As for 3DS-Mode, I doubt that will be hacked anytime soon.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, im glad i got an AceKard 2.i right before Shoptemp closed.

On a side note, i know it says that R4iDSN and Acekard 2.i work on the 3DS, but does that mean you can ACTUALLY play DS Roms on it? Or it just allows you start up without blocking it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1