Question about Wads

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NZel, Jul 22, 2008.

Jul 22, 2008

Question about Wads by NZel at 4:08 AM (1,134 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. NZel
    OP

Newcomer NZel Newbie

United States
    Hi, i'm new here and i googled but found no answers for some of my questions.

1- Is it possible to remove from the wii message board the WAD titles that i installed?? I know that the WAD Uninstall removes the tickets, but what about the play time at the message board? They could easily track me...

2- Is it possible to also remove the Twilight Princess 0:01 from the wii message board? It's always that time when i run it to install wads... They cannot prove it that i used to install wads, but they could start to to observe me :/

3- I have the Nintendo Channel already installed but i have the wii connect 24 turned off (so I dont send any data) and i never run it. Am i safe?

4- Is it safe to play online others titles, like SSBB, without removing the wads? I believe they dont send any personal data while playing other titles, but ... you never know [​IMG]

Thanks for your patience [​IMG]

2. Kassius

Newcomer Kassius Member

Canada
    You might be screwed, dude. Better deconstruct your wii and get rid of it before nintendo sends the fbi to your house.

3. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    All the answers to your questions are in this very forum. But to answer them all in one shot: you have nothing to worry about.

4. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    SSBB sends everything it can back to Nintendo... bank account numbers, social security numbers, your mothers maiden name, your blood and stool type, and a record of all the .net web addresses (don't worry, .com and all other domains are safe, just not .net... oh wait... that's this site!)

In conclusion, buddy, your pretty screwed... I wouldn't doubt if the FBI, CIA, Department of Homeland Security, and Dr. Phil aren't already on their way to your house!

5. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    THIS IS THE BEST POST I HAVE READ!
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, really TC: Use search. And If you're scared to pirate, do not pirate.

6. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's really not the best post. To be honest, it was useless.

Again, you have nothing to worry about. I've had (and since removed) VC titles, I use the homebrew channel, and go on the Wii Shop and the Nintendo Channel and play Wii games online

7. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    Now time for real answers. (I actually do want to post a sarcasm detectors on post)

1 & 2: Only the top whatever or so play times are stored. Everything else gets filed into "Other"

3. How about not use the Nintendo Channel?

4. Yes. [​IMG]

8. NZel
    OP

Newcomer NZel Newbie

United States
    LOL, i didnt expected to see those funny answers hehehe [​IMG] I'm not that crazy about being tracked down or something, just dont wanna buy another wii 'coz of those install [​IMG]

Thanks again you all [​IMG]