Gaming Question About Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Disc Channel

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am playing this ADDICTIVE game right now..working on 4.0U softmod..the thing is, it does NOT work in the disc channel even though I have a d2pro mod chip..what is the reason for that? I thought it would work in the disc channel but I guess its just like the New Super Mario Bros Wii game where I had to put it in the backup launcher too..
My thumb is killing me and so is my hand from swinging so much..this game ROCKS!! I just hope it continues working and it doesn't crash or freeze on me

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
You probbaly don't have IOS56 installed. Use DOP-IOS to get it
smile.gif

It works from the disc channel on my PAL wii
wink.gif

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
You probbaly don't have IOS56 installed. Use DOP-IOS to get it
smile.gif

It works from the disc channel on my PAL wii
wink.gif

Just did and it works perfectly! thanks so much..now I wonder if the same IOS file works for the New Super Mario Bros Wii game..I did the fix a while back when I got the game and it works fine, but in the disc channel it would sometimes freeze..do you think the same IOS would have fixed that game too??

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
NSMBW uses IOS53 I think.
biggrin.gif

Oh Ok cool..yeah the issue I had a while back was even with the fixed version of NSMBW that it would freeze sometimes during parts of the game so I just put it in the backup launcher for it to work properly but if IOS53 makes it work right then I will install it..not sure if I already have it in my Wii or not..but I will install the latest one and see what happens
K I just downloaded this IOS file
IOS53-64-v5406.wad
is that the one I need??

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
If you are having the AP protection, you will need to download a fixed version or fix it youself. Just look up somewhere on this forum and you should find it.
tongue.gif

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
If you are having the AP protection, you will need to download a fixed version or fix it youself. Just look up somewhere on this forum and you should find it.
tongue.gif

Yeah I did download the fixed version, but it only works in the backup launcher..that is why I was wondering if the IOS53 will fix the issue..I havent played the game in a while so maybe it does work in the disc channel I haven't even tried, I just assumed it would not

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
You can try to give it a shot, but you should use DOP-Mii.
tongue.gif

Putting in IOS53-64-v5406.wad into my Wii if I already have IOS53 installed(I dont think I do because when I go into the Wad manager I see the IOS53 there) wont ruin the Wii right? I am going to try it and see if it works!

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Lakerfanalways said:
Delta517 said:
tongue.gif

Putting in IOS53-64-v5406.wad into my Wii if I already have IOS53 installed(I dont think I do because when I go into the Wad manager I see the IOS53 there) wont ruin the Wii right? I am going to try it and see if it works!

I would use DOP-Mii instead of WM, but its you're call.
tongue.gif

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Delta517 said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Ok but bottom line is, it won't ruin the Wii if I put it in and I might already have it..I mean the Wad manager shows IOS53 so I guess if I did have it it would not show up so I guess I don't have it..Yeah I just prefer using the Wad Manager..guess I am just more used to it that way LOL

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Lakerfanalways said:
Delta517 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Delta517 said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Ok but bottom line is, it won't ruin the Wii if I put it in and I might already have it..I mean the Wad manager shows IOS53 so I guess if I did have it it would not show up so I guess I don't have it..Yeah I just prefer using the Wad Manager..guess I am just more used to it that way LOL

I think the Wad Manager shows all the WADs even if they are installed or not. Im not sure if it will brick you're Wii, so you shouldn't ask me since I don't know so much about IOS.
tongue.gif

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Delta517 said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Delta517 said:
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

I think the Wad Manager shows all the WADs even if they are installed or not. Im not sure if it will brick you're Wii, so you shouldn't ask me since I don't know so much about IOS.
tongue.gif

How can I find out what IOS's I have already installed on my Wii..that way I will know if I need it or not..and if I install this then I can play NSMBW from the disc channel??

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
overwriting IOSs is safe as long as the new IOS u are installing is not a stub or corrupted or anything like that, but if u got it from NUSD it wont be corrupted (otherwise it wouldn't be able to pack it into a wad), but make sure its not a stub

Yeah I downloaded it from NUSD..the issue I had before with NSMBW when I First tried playing it was when I tried playing it through the disc channel it would freeze at the beginning of the game, then I was told that there was a fix for the game, so I did that and the game worked fine(but only through the backup launcher) I didn't even try the disc channel again..so maybe if I install this new WAD(IOS53-64-v5406.wad which I got from NUSD) the game will work properly??

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I downloaded the IOS53 file and installed it but it doesn't get rid of the error I get when I put it in the disc channel..just gives me an error message saying "An error has occurred, please eject the disc and turn off the wii" so what other WAD can solve this

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it could be your modchip, i don't know much about hard mods, but if u install darkcorp it should fix any problems you may be having loading discs via the disc channel even despite w/e is going on w/ your modchip.

make sure u have bootmii, nand dump, priiloader (if bootmii @boot2 priiloader's optional) BEFORE installing darkcorp

Lakerfanalways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah its not the modchip, apparently there is a patch called New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii
and I had put that in when the game came out so is there another patch that I should know about

ysuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMG2: I have a Wasabi DX and it works fine through disc channel without any sort of patch. Either you had a bad burn or an IOS issue. I don't know which IOS because I haven't touched my Wii since I completed NSMB.

Edit: Ah I misread what you're trying to fix. Before Wasabi updated with BCA reading, I had to use an alternate .dol file for NSMB and patch the game IOS with the trucha bug. I don't remember the number so someone else can fill that in.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ysuki said:
SMG2: I have a Wasabi DX and it works fine through disc channel without any sort of patch. Either you had a bad burn or an IOS issue. I don't know which IOS because I haven't touched my Wii since I completed NSMB.

Edit: Ah I misread what you're trying to fix. Before Wasabi updated with BCA reading, I had to use an alternate .dol file for NSMB and patch the game IOS with the trucha bug. I don't remember the number so someone else can fill that in.
sounds like darkcorp to me (even if u only bugged one IOS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps