Question about new Plailect a9lh guide

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Altairseven, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Altairseven
    OP

Altairseven GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    Argentina
    i'm just curious about part 3, section IV step 6:

- Navigate to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
    • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
    • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
    • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
    • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
    • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
    • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1
    Why is this necesary? to delete any sd data that the 2.1 may have nand created? or for other reason?

2. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    Yes, otherwise, you have to remove the SD card before booting in 2.1 which isn't very handy.
    Just do what the guide states ;)

yuyuyup likes this.
  3. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    I skipped deleting this folder thinking that I could go back and do it if I needed to (personally it worked fine leaving it alone, but I don't know why.) I did all the steps except I left emunand, and it works for me. But this process has so many small parts that I wouldn't want to interrupt your progress with shit advice

EDIT: ok I did have that 2.1 booting scare (booted to black till I tried it without the SD.)

Last edited by yuyuyup, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2016
    it's for menuhax i believe , i didn't delete it myself , just removed the Sd card.

5. Altairseven
    OP

Altairseven GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2016
    Argentina
    ok, then its not really important because i always boot without an sd in 2.1. Thanks for clarifying.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice