OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, yesterday I found LoneWolfDS, and I'm confused.

I put it on my DS, as it seemed like a good little homebrew game...... But when I turned my DS on after that... Well, it was like this following picture.

fuuuuuu.jpg

Now, I hadn't changed most of the default settings. The only thing I changed was the soft reset in Dementium II, as it wouldn't load with soft reset on, and the theme.

After I had put the homebrew on my R4, the theme was reset to the Zelda theme, all soft reset was disabled, the way that all the games were shown wasn't the style I had chosen, show hidden files was set to on, and all these other settings that I have yet to change back because I may have missed them.

Is LoneWolfDS supposed to do such a thing? And how do I stop it from doing it again when I put the next book on my DS?

PS: Wood R4 users, has this happened to you? Or can you try to recreate the problem to see what the hell I'm talking about. Acekard users, this might happen to you too. You'll have to see. It's just friggen annoying.
PPS: I think i'll just reinstall the firmware because I'm lazy, but I don't want it happening again...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If stuff has been reset to defaults, its probably due to card corruption. Backup all the files from your card, reformat and copy them back. This is a reasonably common issue with any DS homebrew, some more so than others. I'm guessing your firmware can't read the file were settings are stored, so uses the defaults. All just a guess.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gameboy13 said:
Colors! corrupted my AK2i once too, so be careful with that. I'm still wondering how, though.

As I said, any DS homebrew can do it. Well, any FAT accessing one anyway. It just happens every now and again, only with some apps (like DSOrganize 3.2) it happens more often than others.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Well, nothing's happened yet.... So I'll refrain from formatting for now.

And it wasn't all set to defaults.

Stuff like soft-reset being on and the way the games are shown I always kept at default...
It's like everything was set to the opposite.

Michoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.projectaon.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Well, that's strange indeed. The only access to FAT is for the savegame, so if you didn't even saved a game yet, there was no real attempt at writing a thing on your card. Maybe the use of an outdated EFS library in my code? If you PM me, I may send you an updated version of LoneWolfDS, to see if this solves the problem.

Cheers
Frédéric

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Michoko said:
Hi,

Well, that's strange indeed. The only access to FAT is for the savegame, so if you didn't even saved a game yet, there was no real attempt at writing a thing on your card. Maybe the use of an outdated EFS library in my code? If you PM me, I may send you an updated version of LoneWolfDS, to see if this solves the problem.

Cheers
Frédéric
Eh, that's alright. I kind of... Um.... Lost interest since then. Since I found G.G Series collection, I had to pick a game to delete to fit the new game on there, and I chose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc