Homebrew Question about EZ Flash 3in1 expansion pak

ninjaapple

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Is the EZ Flash 3in1 expansion pak compatible with R4i SDHC RTS?

I want to use DS linux and Opera Web Browser and have a R4i SDHC RTS and want to know if it is compatible.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, it shouldn't matter which card you run the NDS file from, it matters if the homebrew supports the card as RAM -- and they should.

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 versions of the card. The original version is compatible with everything that supports the 3in1. The supplier of one of the chips in the 3in1 stopped making it, and they had to substitute it with a different chip for a second generation. The second generation 3in1 has compatibility issues with lots of things. I don't know if there is a reliable way to tell which version you have....

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
2 versions you say? ... thats news to me.

Looks like there are actually 3 versions, and they are not compatible with each other. The v2 and v3 is called "Plus" at stores. Software has to support each one specifically. Look here under Notes :

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3_in_1_Expans..._for_EZ-Flash_V

Software written for the first version doesn't work with the second version. Software had to be rewritten to support the new card, as if it was a completely different card. Some stuff was updated, some wasn't. I'm not sure if the CycloDS Evo firmware was ever updated for the new cards, for example... (it had built-in support for v1)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people...