Homebrew Question about Easy RPG Wii port

Mrtonychops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an installation walkthrough for installing this program for the Wii/vWii?

I know there's a version for the Wii, but I can't find a single specific tutorial on how to install it. I figured there would be one here, but I haven't seen one yet. Anyone have experience with Easy RPG, please tell me how to install it?

Even this doesn't explain how to install it :/
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/EasyRPG_Player

Reactions: vbarros22

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there an installation walkthrough for installing this program for the Wii/vWii?

I know there's a version for the Wii, but I can't find a single specific tutorial on how to install it. I figured there would be one here, but I haven't seen one yet. Anyone have experience with Easy RPG, please tell me how to install it?

Even this doesn't explain how to install it :/
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/EasyRPG_Player
The games path is in the same folder of the app for example: sd/apps/easyrpg***/game folder
You dont have to create a folder like "games" and put the games in, just put the folder with all content on the easyrpg folder for every game

Mrtonychops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vbarros22, thank you!! You are a lifesaver! :D

so when I want to put a game in the game folder, do I just literally put the entire thing that downloads, when I go to download a game, into the game folder?

Reactions: vbarros22

vbarros22

Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
vbarros22, thank you!! You are a lifesaver! :D

so when I want to put a game in the game folder, do I just literally put the entire thing that downloads, when I go to download a game, into the game folder?
It will be like this:
upload_2018-10-2_20-36-52.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the folder "The Legend of Zelda..." has all content of the game, so you have to do this with all games you have

Reactions: Mrtonychops

Mrtonychops

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that looks easy enough to follow! Thanks :)

Hey there, I have two last questions...

So when I downloaded what I thought was the player, all that was in the zip is a boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml.

Am I supposed to download something else to go with those? Do I just put those things listed above in the game folder (like in the picture you sent) or in the player folder? Sorry if it's a dumb question - I have NO experience with RPG Maker, so this is all new to me. :(

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files you have from the zip (boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml) need to be added to their own "EasyRPG Player" folder, placed in the Apps folder on the root of your SD card.

To add games to EasyRPG Player, simply place the game data folders inside the "EasyRPG Player" folder. If you add the games like this, EasyRPG Player will create a list of games to select from when you boot up the program.

Most RPGMaker games have a "Data" folder. Just extract that folder, rename it to the name of the game and add it to the EasyRPG Player folder.

Some games can have scrambled text, usually attributed to being translated from another language. For example, Yume Nikki can have this issue.

For those problematic games, there is an RPG_RT.ini file found in the game's Data folder that can be edited to fix the problem. Open the RPG_RT.ini file with a text editor and add this line:

[EasyRPG]
Encoding=1252

I'm pretty new to EasyRPG Player as well, but I've just set it up today and have it working pretty well with a few games. It's certainly running much better now, than the first release I tried years ago. Thought I would share what I've learned here, if you're still trying to get it to work. ;)

Reactions: Mr.Faq2015

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER