Hacking question about cia saves on sd card

Daddy Horror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where are the saves from cia installed on the sd i know i need to inject and all that but im looking for my save for pokemon alpha sapphire on my sd card back up on the pc, i did a system transfer to a new system kept all the old data and made a back up too.transfer was fine and all my official saves and apps where there but instead of installing a new ticket for pokemon i installed the same cia over

Last edited by Daddy Horror,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I can't really understand your post due to lack of punctuation. But, to backup your saves you need to boot into the NAND they were created on and use JKSM either as an installed cia or through homebrew. Go to cia games and choose the game you want the save for and choose to back it up. Copy the folder it creates and paste this in the SD card you want to restore the save to. Them boot up that 3ds, go to JKSM, cia games, then the game, and choose to restore the save.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Daddy Horror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm sorry. I never backed up the save though a app. On my first system I copied the sd card to the pc, then i did the system transfer to a new system. I then put the old sd card in the new system and everything was there, except for the cia's I installed, So I installed the Pokemon AS cia, even though nothing on the sd card changed when i loaded it up it acted as if there was no save. Wouldn't it be the same nand since i did a system transfer. I'm sure it does not matter but i'm using arm9loadhax, so I'm wonder if my old cia save was on the sd card and my nand should be the same, is there a way to take the encrypted save and import it to the cia, and if so where would the cia save be on the sd card?

Last edited by Daddy Horror,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I'm sorry. I never backed up the save though a app. On my first system I copied the sd card to the pc, then i did the system transfer to a new system. I then put the old sd card in the new system and everything was there, except for the cia's I installed, So I installed the Pokemon AS cia, even though nothing on the sd card changed when i loaded it up it acted as if there was no save. Wouldn't it be the same nand since i did a system transfer. I'm sure it does not matter but i'm using arm9loadhax.
That's strange, the save should work since you did a system transfer. Did other saves work? As long as you had the original files on the SD card at the time you did the system transfer, they should be converted to work on the new system.
A mistake I saw someone make was copy the files to the new system BEFORE doing the transfer, which means he lost all his saves because it was the old system that converted them to be used by the new system. You didn't do that, did you?

Daddy Horror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i think i know what may of happend. i had a 64 gig card too big for a transfer and put a smaller card in before transfer,made a 2nd copy of the 64 gig to the pc. did the transfer with the smaller card in the orginal and had the included 4 gig in the new system, and assumed as long as the transfer was complete switch the smaller card in the new one to the 64 gig card that would be fine. You understand. there is stuff from the transfer working but no saves

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
well i think i know what may of happend. i had a 64 gig card too big for a transfer and put a smaller card in before transfer,made a 2nd copy of the 64 gig to the pc. did the transfer with the smaller card in the orginal and had the included 4 gig in the new system, and assumed as long as the transfer was complete switch the smaller card in the new one to the 64 gig card that would be fine. You understand. there is stuff from the transfer working but no saves
If you didn't copy the data to the source system before the transfer, your data couldn't have been converted. Sorry, your saves are gone :-(
Next time, you can choose a "limited data transfer" where it only moves the saves and not the games (you'd later go and redownload your games).

Daddy Horror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a fyi, i backed up my current sd card,then copied my back up of 3ds 1 and the saves worked and from there i backed them up using sdvt,then i copied the new back up of the 2nd 3ds and restore my saves and all was good.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
just a fyi, i backed up my current sd card,then copied my back up of 3ds 1 and the saves worked and from there i backed them up using sdvt,then i copied the new back up of the 2nd 3ds and restore my saves and all was good.
Well done! I thought maybe that because 3DS#1 would get formatted during the transfer, that would mean the data wouldn't work anymore. But I forgot of course you can restore a backup. Good thinking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them