Homebrew Question about 2 disc games on Nintendont

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
and to my surprise, nintendont recognized th disc 2 as "disc2.iso" when on the folder i named it only "disc2"

It's easier than all the previous methods:

Disable the option on your Windows Explorer to hide file name extensions, as you are renaming the files game.iso.iso and disk2.iso.iso, Nintendont will not recognize them.

If you rename them as only game and disk2, Windows still keep their filename extension as ISO correctly.

TheBilu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's easier than all the previous methods:

Disable the option on your Windows Explorer to hide file name extensions, as you are renaming the files game.iso.iso and disk2.iso.iso, Nintendont will not recognize them.

If you rename them as only game and disk2, Windows still keep their filename extension as ISO correctly.
yup it worked as i said before, nintendont recognized as "game.iso" and "disc2.iso", the problem is that when the part that the disk should change, nothing happens even the screen that asked "insert disc 2" don't appear, it just skips it, and a screen of error appears

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yup it worked as i said before, nintendont recognized as "game.iso" and "disc2.iso", the problem is that when the part that the disk should change, nothing happens even the screen that asked "insert disc 2" don't appear, it just skips it, and a screen of error appears
It worked because by simply renaming the files as "game" and "disk2" without adding ".iso" windows kept their file extension as .iso, so Nintendont recognized them.

Last edited by CMDreamer,
Reactions: TheBilu

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
a flash drive is a device the size of your finger that sticks out of the usb port. if it's a flash drive, that's probably the problem. try using an sd card or an hdd. I was using an sd card myself.
AFAIK flash drive issues only exist in cIOS, which Nintendont doesn't use.
Also, it'd be strange for all his games to work fine but only the disc swapping not to work if it was a compatibility issue with the drive.
Update: I've saw a comment saying to try putting only "game" and not "game.iso" and well, on nitendont the folder said "usb>the game folder>game.iso" so it seems to work out i guess, going to test now
The problem is you haven't enabled file extensions for known file types (as evidenced by the screenshot not showing the .iso extension on all the other files) so when you name it "game.iso" you're actually naming it "game.iso.iso"
As for the error, it's possible your disc2.iso is corrupted, I don't really know though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you trying to load a save or have it swap discs or is it just when loading directly disc 2? did you it work by checking the name? it's under file/folder settings/hide extensions for known file types.

TheBilu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
are you trying to load a save or have it swap discs or is it just when loading directly disc 2? did you it work by checking the name? it's under file/folder settings/hide extensions for known file types.
i've loaded a save on disc 1 that after a cutscene, it asks for disc 2. And i tested opening disc2 by itself and seems to be fine

TheBilu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I haven't read your whole story ...:D

what is the format of your SD card? and its capacity?

Is it working for you now?
I haven't tried yet, but thanks for the help :D, i need to check the format and capacity but i don't have where to, if i try anything else i'm going to tell here

Reactions: jeannotte

TheBilu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First, sorry for the wait. Second, I don't know what happened, but i simply copied the contents of my problematic Usb driver, and moved to another Usb i had here. And for some magic reason it worked, the game swaped the disc with no problem at all. I really can't believe the problem was my Usb.

Also Happy New Year :D

Reactions: jeannotte

Eguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a side note but I think you may have file extensions off as that's the windows default (I think).

If you go to the file explorer on the top click View and then check File Name Extensions and then you'll be able to see the full name of the files. I think since you probably had it off before when you made the names game.iso and disc2.iso since the extensions were hidden it ended up being game.iso.iso and disc2.iso.iso

1641847285926.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1