Queen's Blade: Spiral Chaos Translation Project ( Hackers needed )

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Seryuu, Mar 11, 2015.

1. mouthbreathe

mouthbreathe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2018
    United States
    You could change it to something like "Found Y in X" or "X had Y" how much information would be lost by just saying "Found Y" and would it be important information?

From a quick google search I managed to find a forum on the pokemon community site wherein someone had the same issue with a character limit (showthread.php?t=303675). I'm not sure how useful it would be since it's a different game for a different system but hopefully it helps in some way shape or form.

I wish I knew more about this sort of thing

2. leecherboy

leecherboy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2015
    Unfortunately no, that Pokemon thing doesn't apply here, we can't read the code that way, it'd be easy if we could.

It's not really important information, but since the game seems to have fixed drops, it's nice to see how you got each item, in case you need to replay the stage or something. I guess "Found in X Y" could work for now, we're trying to weight our options for that while we work on the important stuff.

But yeah, seems like character limits might be a constant pain in the neck throughout this project. I've already raised the possibility of naming items the "old skool" way since the item list seems to fit around 13 or 14 chars, and there are things like "Craftsman Repair Tool", "Technique Secret Incense" or "Fist Sacred Incense" that just won't cut it (my partner's not a fan of the idea though).

items.

riesyukira likes this.
  3. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Take your time, I'm sure we'd all rather have a complete translation than a half assed one :)

DSwizzy likes this.
  4. DSwizzy

DSwizzy Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    This is still being continued? If so, can't wait to get my hands on this once you guys are finished :D it's nice to see the PSP still gets love after many years later with so many new comers to the scene and new homebrew projects being worked on! This is one of the reasons why i love the PSP!