1. leecherboy

OP leecherboy Member
    Newcomer

Almost nailing Queen's Blade's 15th anniversary yesterday (not on purpose, but we'll take it), here's the first release of our Spiral Chaos translation, version 0.9 BETA! We only ask that you don't spread it around too much, for the same reason we're calling it a beta: there's some areas we're not really satisfied with, and we do believe that first impressions count.

With that said, I made a funky PV for a showcase! Thanks to everybody who helped make this possible, too!

Download the patch here: Mega

You can find XDelta here: XDelta, use it to apply the patch above on a brand new japanese iso (please no questions on where to get isos).

It's likely that our version doesn't work on a real PSP, since we expanded the eboot if I recall, and chances are emulator save states may not work, just save as the game intended to be on the safe side.

So what's done?

-Story, freetalks, items/skills descriptions, bios, sparring dialogues, menus: 100%
    -Movies: 83% (as in, missing the intro and outro, more because of a lack of inspiration and time than anything else)
    -Graphics: 0% (see below)

And what issues are left?

-Graphics:
    To try and edit some of the graphic menus and stage titles, we've tried to dump the contents of the graphic.bin, map.bin and battle.bin like we did for the other ones... but I can only see DAT, BNA and MPA files, how could we get those into editable pictures?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-Char limits:
    There's been many instances where we've had to squeeze every available character to the limit, like in the case of the items' names or in the shop picture a bit below, and there's one part that might seems a bit odd. See, this might not be the most straight way to say "You broke the enemy's chest gear, which dropped a Venus Breath"... but we literally didn't have one more character to spare here.

[​IMG]

-Weird fonts:
    The variable font works fine throughout the game, but there's some places where it changes, like in the bios, which does look squished together, or in the saves, where it's full-width and in most cases you won't be able to read the previous stage you fought

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-Various centering problems:
    Normally the text centers just fine, but there's some places (like in the upper part of the screen for locations, or in certain places like shops) where it just doesn't, so it looks kind of weird. No clue how to fix that :(

[​IMG][​IMG]

So if you can help with any of these issues, or you see any errors or there's something that sounds weird, please do let us know, we want to make it the best we can! You can either reach us here, or through our QB discord (see my sig)

Last edited by leecherboy, Nov 27, 2020
  2. riesyukira

riesyukira GBAtemp Regular

Woah! Another early Xmas present!! I thought PSO2I was the only Complete English Patch we're getting!?
    Great Job at semi completing localizing this, and don't worry about the unfinished graphics and bleeding/squished texts I'm pretty sure a lot of people will still appreciate all your hard work for making a 99% complete English Patch into a reality!

3. Momo333

Momo333 Member
    Newcomer

Thailand
    I come to confirm the patch doesn't work on PSP or Vita and that's too bad. Could you fix this in future update? i prefer to play this on real console if possible.

4. leecherboy

OP leecherboy Member
    Newcomer

Oh, I don't know if we can do that! Our pal Flame1234 did that when we handling the EBOOT part here, and I'm assuming we do need the extra eboot space?

What I do know is that we've run into overall space limitations a couple times, as it turns out there's a limit of characters after which the animation in battles doesn't load and the game freezes up. That's why we had to optimize the profiles like crazy shaving off like 1.5k characters, and then remove around 9k characters from unused dialog to make space for alternate freetalks.

JamRules and Momo333 like this.
  5. Nikokaro

Nikokaro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Congratulations on having completed (or nearly) the translation of this fantastic game. I hope, like many others, that in the future it will be possible to play it on PSP, since it is no small defect that it does not work there, and since a large group of connoisseurs would take more pleasure from playing it on real hardware.
    However mine wants to be a hope, not a claim.

6. Dumbfreak

Dumbfreak Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This needs a romhacker to step in and fix the eboot.bin since @flame1234 is missing.
    It's a shame to see a psp game unplayable on psp

7. Stickmanlolz

Stickmanlolz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I know you asked not to spread it around, but may I ask some communities to see if there is anyone able to get this working on Native hardware + Adrenaline? I would love to try it, but my computer is finnicky with PPSSPP

8. leecherboy

OP leecherboy Member
    Newcomer

Oh, sure, if it's for a good cause... just keep us posted.

Momo333 and Stickmanlolz like this.
  9. DarkWolfZ

DarkWolfZ Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Is there by any chance you would translate the sequel, Queen's Gate as well?

10. DarkWolfZ

DarkWolfZ Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Sorry. Accidentally sent it twice.

Last edited by DarkWolfZ, Dec 8, 2020
  11. hhstrane

hhstrane Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    any chance to come out for PSP?

12. airtonkyo

airtonkyo Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    god bless your kind heart, thank you very much!!!! happy holidays!!! :lol:

13. JeffBelmont

JeffBelmont Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    You are a hero! I always wanted to play this game, but I couldn't due to the language barrier.
    The game it's a nostalgia trip to the Queen's Blade golden era.
    I hope someone steps up to help with the remaining issues, but many thanks for all that you did so far!

14. Necron00

Necron00 Member
    Newcomer

Bermuda
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Localization, English, Release