Hacking Queen's Blade Spiral Chaos - English Localization Public Release

leecherboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit2 (04/26/22): New version 1.8 beta, should be playable in PSPs for real now! Download the patch here: Mega

Edit: Beta 1.6 is out, now running on actual PSPs! Download the patch here: Mega

Thanks to the help of JamRules once again, and the invaluable help of our new pal Ethanol, not only we fixed the problems we had, but it looks better than ever! Made another fancy vid with the funkiest changes:

Things pending for the next version:

-Opening and ending song subtitles
-Figuring out the terrain info (even though telling if you're on "water" or on "grass" is obvious enough)
-Finishing the missing icons/text in some menus
-Fixing any typos either my partner or you guys catch

We want to make it the best version of the game possible (hence why it's still a beta), so please let us know if you see anything weird!

-----------------------------

Original post:

Almost nailing Queen's Blade's 15th anniversary yesterday (not on purpose, but we'll take it), here's the first release of our Spiral Chaos translation, version 0.9 BETA! We only ask that you don't spread it around too much, for the same reason we're calling it a beta: there's some areas we're not really satisfied with, and we do believe that first impressions count.

With that said, I made a funky PV for a showcase! Thanks to everybody who helped make this possible, too!

Download the patch here: Mega

You can find XDelta here: XDelta, use it to apply the patch above on a brand new japanese iso (please no questions on where to get isos).

It's likely that our version doesn't work on a real PSP, since we expanded the eboot if I recall, and chances are emulator save states may not work, just save as the game intended to be on the safe side.

So what's done?

-Story, freetalks, items/skills descriptions, bios, sparring dialogues, menus: 100%
-Movies: 83% (as in, missing the intro and outro, more because of a lack of inspiration and time than anything else)
-Graphics: 0% (see below)

And what issues are left?

-Graphics:
To try and edit some of the graphic menus and stage titles, we've tried to dump the contents of the graphic.bin, map.bin and battle.bin like we did for the other ones... but I can only see DAT, BNA and MPA files, how could we get those into editable pictures?

-Char limits:
There's been many instances where we've had to squeeze every available character to the limit, like in the case of the items' names or in the shop picture a bit below, and there's one part that might seems a bit odd. See, this might not be the most straight way to say "You broke the enemy's chest gear, which dropped a Venus Breath"... but we literally didn't have one more character to spare here.

-Weird fonts:
The variable font works fine throughout the game, but there's some places where it changes, like in the bios, which does look squished together, or in the saves, where it's full-width and in most cases you won't be able to read the previous stage you fought

-Various centering problems:
Normally the text centers just fine, but there's some places (like in the upper part of the screen for locations, or in certain places like shops) where it just doesn't, so it looks kind of weird. No clue how to fix that :(

So if you can help with any of these issues, or you see any errors or there's something that sounds weird, please do let us know, we want to make it the best we can! You can either reach us here, or through our QB discord (see my sig)

Last edited by leecherboy,

riesyukira

Trophies
XP
Country
Woah! Another early Xmas present!! I thought PSO2I was the only Complete English Patch we're getting!?
Great Job at semi completing localizing this, and don't worry about the unfinished graphics and bleeding/squished texts I'm pretty sure a lot of people will still appreciate all your hard work for making a 99% complete English Patch into a reality!

Momo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I come to confirm the patch doesn't work on PSP or Vita and that's too bad. Could you fix this in future update? i prefer to play this on real console if possible.

leecherboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I don't know if we can do that! Our pal Flame1234 did that when we handling the EBOOT part here, and I'm assuming we do need the extra eboot space?

What I do know is that we've run into overall space limitations a couple times, as it turns out there's a limit of characters after which the animation in battles doesn't load and the game freezes up. That's why we had to optimize the profiles like crazy shaving off like 1.5k characters, and then remove around 9k characters from unused dialog to make space for alternate freetalks.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Congratulations on having completed (or nearly) the translation of this fantastic game. I hope, like many others, that in the future it will be possible to play it on PSP, since it is no small defect that it does not work there, and since a large group of connoisseurs would take more pleasure from playing it on real hardware.
However mine wants to be a hope, not a claim.

Stickmanlolz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost nailing Queen's Blade's 15th anniversary yesterday (not on purpose, but we'll take it), here's the first release of our Spiral Chaos translation, version 0.9 BETA! We only ask that you don't spread it around too much, for the same reason we're calling it a beta: there's some areas we're not really satisfied with, and we do believe that first impressions count.
I know you asked not to spread it around, but may I ask some communities to see if there is anyone able to get this working on Native hardware + Adrenaline? I would love to try it, but my computer is finnicky with PPSSPP

JeffBelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are a hero! I always wanted to play this game, but I couldn't due to the language barrier.
The game it's a nostalgia trip to the Queen's Blade golden era.
I hope someone steps up to help with the remaining issues, but many thanks for all that you did so far!

leecherboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for your hard work. Um... I'm sorry but is there a chance you would be planning to translate the sequel, Queen's Gate as well?

Well, we're no quitters for sure, and we're kinda committed to translate everything Queen's Blade under the sun... but keep in mind that with just the two of us guys working on it, it took us like 5 years to get this one done, and the sequel is easily twice as big, so...

In other news, we've been receiving help from a few guys and might have found a way to load the game in an actual PSP, so you guys can look forward to that sooner or later :D

Haytham

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Well, we're no quitters for sure, and we're kinda committed to translate everything Queen's Blade under the sun... but keep in mind that with just the two of us guys working on it, it took us like 5 years to get this one done, and the sequel is easily twice as big, so...

In other news, we've been receiving help from a few guys and might have found a way to load the game in an actual PSP, so you guys can look forward to that sooner or later :D
thank you so much , i'm looking forward to it

MrKennedy2

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi. I just created this account to say you're a God among men for making a translation of this game I've been meaning to play since 2015, but I couldn't because I didn't undertand Japanese. Thanks a lot!

Roshen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thank you to the people who made this patch now i can truly enjoy the game both for the plot and the "plot".

I hope you guys will work on the other queens blade game as well.

Reactions: Haytham

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over