Quake DS Prerelease 2

pduin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
followed the instructions on the website, doesnt work on M3 minisd, hangs on "freeing precaches"
frown.gif

the youtube videos of quakeds rock though!

virulous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Works on the G6 perfectly with command line "dlditool.exe g6fl.dldi G:\QuakeDS.nds"

Controls are a little wonkey, D-pad is forward, strafe R/L, backward, L is shoot and R is jump, but as a right hander I use the Pointer to aim. So jumping is a bit tricky.

Can we see a metriod style point-and-tap touch screen to jump feature in the future?

Very good job!

stormwolf18

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Works on the G6 perfectly with command line "dlditool.exe g6fl.dldi G:\QuakeDS.nds"

Controls are a little wonkey, D-pad is forward, strafe R/L, backward, L is shoot and R is jump, but as a right hander I use the Pointer to aim. So jumping is a bit tricky.

Can we see a metriod style point-and-tap touch screen to jump feature in the future?

Very good job!

what do u mean by command line ? my G6 is not a dos prompt
yes i did patch my quake.nds with dldi and the g6fl.dldi
what version is your g6fl.dldi ?? mine is 0.19

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great update. I have an EZ5 and the last edition of this game had alot of graphical problems on mine, but ran. Still it wasn't playable.

This version seems to be working fine on EZ5, except a graphic here or there. But nicely playable.
Eager to see those WIFI Death matchs!

nick_stubbings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have the same problem with my M3 Perfect CF, it freezes at "freeing precaches" have tried DLDI and every combination of setings in the M3 Game manager, plus trying different file extentions... nothing works!, if i use DLDI, the nds file wont run at all!

nick_stubbings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude!!! Stormwolf!!! where did you find that file? it works perfectly, on both my M3CF and my GBAMP!!! is this dldi patched? if so, with what? the file i got from chishm's website didnt work...

thanks again dude!

nick_stubbings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
one thing... has anyone noticed on the starting hallway, where you choose the difficulty, how the Quake logo is covered with a different texture... its a blue rectangle, with something else on it... hmm...

also, the slipgate to the first episode has an odd blue band around the center of it...

is this just happening to me?

(im not complaining, this version is AWESOME im just curious)

stormwolf18

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dude!!! Stormwolf!!! where did you find that file? it works perfectly, on both my M3CF and my GBAMP!!! is this dldi patched? if so, with what? the file i got from chishm's website didnt work...

thanks again dude!

Simon, the programmer of QuakeDS sent it to me, so the freeing precaches is fixed on that build. I think its originally patched for Gbamp but it should work with others

rendil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got this working with no problems on both a G6 Lite and M3 Lite. Can't wait for ad-hoc DS-DS play, and maybe the ability to use the RAM on slot-2 carts.

nick_stubbings

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok... now im having problems running mods...

i have Malice, i copied the folder to my CF card, so i have E:\malice\pak0.pak, pak1.pak, pak2.pak & pak3.pak

my qdsopts.txt file looks like this:

-game
malice
-nosound
-notcp

when i try to run it, it says

"couldn't open /id1/pak2.pak
/malice/pak0.pak has 470 files"

any help would be appreciated...i know mods dont go into the id1 folder... or do they???

is this just a ram problem that will be fixed with the EXRAM build? (i have an M3 Perfect CF)

iso jussi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As Simon used shareware version 1.06, and I have 1.01 full version, does my Quake work as good as his?

And Nick, did you boot QuakeDS from A or START button?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
when i'm using the newset version which is with Wifi support, it stucks at
"connecting to AP", i dont have access point, i just want to use the latest version if there is graphic update, is the wifi release, ONLY for Wifi playing? does it have updatet graphic of single player too? and if yes, how to skip its waiting for access point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI