Putting Gamecube Isos into Metroid Prime Trilogy

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiUBricker, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Metroid Prime Trilogy contains 1 Wii game (MP3) and 2 GC games (MP1 &MP2). Since MP1 and MP2 are actualy gamecube games Im wondering if it is possible to replace the MP1/MP2 partitions with a gamecube Iso so that you can play a gc game with a USB Loader in Wii mode. This might be a stupid idea but who knows [​IMG]

2. woodoste

Newcomer woodoste Advanced Member

Italy
    This trick is used on PC Engine to load roms throgh official CD collections [​IMG]
    It should be awesome if it works!

3. Gangboy

Newcomer Gangboy Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Isn't it so that the MP1 and MP2 are remakes with Wiimote controls?... Could be wrong here, if so it's converted to work on Wii hardware and not in gc mode... [​IMG]

4. SwedishGojira

Newcomer SwedishGojira Advanced Member

Sweden
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but that won't work. These games are ported to the wii and not run trough any emulator. Same goes for all the "New Control"-games and Resident Evil re-releases.
    Why the hell would you think to emulate games that run natively in GC-mode on the Wii anyway?
    Get a modchip instead, the solderless ones are not that expensive and you can runn all the GC games you want.

5. OOPMan

Newcomer OOPMan Member

South Africa
    You're right, it is a stupid idea.

As others have said, the games in MPT are Wii games.

Also, USB + GameCube == Not Possible (Kinda like the DS Slot1 + Native GBA game == Not Possible answer)

6. BinFairy

Newcomer BinFairy Member

United Kingdom
    You do realise that it probably wont hurt to try replacing the partitions and shove it on a USB loader. The controls are probably hardcoded into the game partition and therefore if you put a GC game in it it will automatically use the GC controls.

Admittedly, I dont know much about how the wii works, but I think the games are just ports and not re-makes therefore it can't hurt to try. At most you will waste an hour or so of your time. If someone tried this and it did work, I'm sure it would be all over the forums, so it doesn't look like someone has tried (and succedded).

Just jump in there, and tell us what happens. I would, but I don't have access to a backup of MP3.

7. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    This topic is really funny, some great quotes could be had from it all.

I think it should be locked before someone spills hot coffee on themselves laughing.

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah best to lock this before people start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.