WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Metroid Prime Trilogy contains 1 Wii game (MP3) and 2 GC games (MP1 &MP2). Since MP1 and MP2 are actualy gamecube games Im wondering if it is possible to replace the MP1/MP2 partitions with a gamecube Iso so that you can play a gc game with a USB Loader in Wii mode. This might be a stupid idea but who knows
smile.gif

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't it so that the MP1 and MP2 are remakes with Wiimote controls?... Could be wrong here, if so it's converted to work on Wii hardware and not in gc mode...
smile.gif

SwedishGojira

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
blog.svalas.net
XP
Country
Sorry to bust your bubble, but that won't work. These games are ported to the wii and not run trough any emulator. Same goes for all the "New Control"-games and Resident Evil re-releases.
Why the hell would you think to emulate games that run natively in GC-mode on the Wii anyway?
Get a modchip instead, the solderless ones are not that expensive and you can runn all the GC games you want.

OOPMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy contains 1 Wii game (MP3) and 2 GC games (MP1 &MP2). Since MP1 and MP2 are actualy gamecube games Im wondering if it is possible to replace the MP1/MP2 partitions with a gamecube Iso so that you can play a gc game with a USB Loader in Wii mode. This might be a stupid idea but who knows
smile.gif

You're right, it is a stupid idea.

As others have said, the games in MPT are Wii games.

Also, USB + GameCube == Not Possible (Kinda like the DS Slot1 + Native GBA game == Not Possible answer)

BinFairy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You do realise that it probably wont hurt to try replacing the partitions and shove it on a USB loader. The controls are probably hardcoded into the game partition and therefore if you put a GC game in it it will automatically use the GC controls.

Admittedly, I dont know much about how the wii works, but I think the games are just ports and not re-makes therefore it can't hurt to try. At most you will waste an hour or so of your time. If someone tried this and it did work, I'm sure it would be all over the forums, so it doesn't look like someone has tried (and succedded).

Just jump in there, and tell us what happens. I would, but I don't have access to a backup of MP3.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
This topic is really funny, some great quotes could be had from it all.

I think it should be locked before someone spills hot coffee on themselves laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up.