1. brandon916

OP brandon916 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can I still mod this wii u if the sd card slot isn't working anymore?
    I had a usb thumb drive w/ a few games on it but all the sd card I insert doesn't work. Yes, I formatted it fat32. I even used the sd card from my other wii u.

What is odd. I entered into the wii mode and was able to download something (private\wii\title\HCTE.content.bin).

Last edited by brandon916, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Blasingame

Blasingame GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. brandon916

Newcomer

United States
    I don't plan on opening it. The unit works. I can load and eject the sd card just fine. The Wii U just don't see it. I was wondering if the front usb stick can replace the sd card slot. Can I still mod my wii u with just that?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Absolutely not - USB accessories are fundamentally different from the builtin SD slot :)

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Actually, kind of. There's a Mocha beta that mounts a FAT32 USB drive as if it were a SD card and all homebrew sees it as such. The reason I say "kind of" is because Mocha itself still needs to load from the SD card. Only very simple payloads can launch directly from the browser without files on the SD card.

E1ite007 likes this.
  6. brandon916

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks. I guess I absolutely have to find a way to fix it. I wonder if I do a clean system wipe, it might fix the issue?

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Not likely, it's probably hardware damage from jamming something in there with force. But have you checked that the card is FAT32? Wii U doesn't support exFAT so with larger cards you must reformat it as FAT32.

8. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What about the vWii though? Isn't there a Bluetooth exploit for that now? I bet you can mod your vWii. Once you have a homebrew channel for the vWii you can load Wii homebrew directly from a usb drive. It obviously doesn't help the Wii U side, but it's still half of your system you'll probably want to hack as well anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - defective, Puchased,