Hacking PSXBOX Experience

dinoroger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am writing this short review on PSXBOX.NET not for adertising but to let others know if the company is safe or good to purchase from. I was a little scared ordering from them since they just started using Paypal and I did not read many user reviews of their service. So to help others I wanted to write a little about my experience.

Well on Saturday (7/15/06) I purchased the following hardware from psxbox.net:
EZ4 Mini SD Flash
SuperCard mini SD
Passme Card 3
MK4-Mini

I got the order on Wednesday (7/19/06) without any upgraded shipping. Hong Kong to the States in 3 business days (Nice!!!).

I paid using Paypal and the order was confirmed Sunday (7/16/06).

They pacakged everything very nice. I don't know how they make any money though since it looked like $100 of tape was used to pack it
smile.gif
. They also gave me a Hori Protection Screens and a Hori Case stick-ons for free. Not sure if this was a mistake or just a friendly thing they did, either way I am very happy.

Their e-mail response was a little slow and I never did receive a tracking number. This is probably due to translator problems being they are in Hong Kong.

There prices were awesome and they did not jack up the shipping to stupid prices like another company did (like Win$#^$&). The shipping was $26 and was delivered in the states via DHL.

Disclaimer: The hardware purchased will be used for movies, movies, and homebrew only.
yaynds.gif

bennyx8903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did they send you a link to pay with (paypal) ? do they send the order confirmation first and you pay through that, or yuo pay them stating the order number and name and stuff, and then get confirmation?

dinoroger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did they send you a link to pay with (paypal) ? do they send the order confirmation first and you pay through that, or yuo pay them stating the order number and name and stuff, and then get confirmation?

After you place your order on their site and select paypal they will send you a confirmation e-mail with the e-mail address of their paypal. After you send the payment you reply to the confirmation e-mail stating you paid. Then they will mark the order as paid and ship the order. So it took about 24 hours after I placed the order to go though that process before it shipped.

Cubewood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello, I ordered a G6-Lite at psxbox, and after they gave me the confirmation mail, I payed them trought Paypal. They emailed me 5 hours ago that they received the money, but my order status is still saying Verified [Unpaid]

Think I should mail them, or dosit just takes some time before they change it?

dinoroger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I ordered a G6-Lite at psxbox, and after they gave me the confirmation mail, I payed them trought Paypal. They emailed me 5 hours ago that they received the money, but my order status is still saying Verified [Unpaid]

Think I should mail them, or dosit just takes some time before they change it?

It took about 24 hrs after paying before it updated to paid. Guess they change it after checking stock and stuff.

Ryvius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
They also changed my order from verified and unpaid to verified and paid this morning. Do they have a shipping status when they ship? I am worried that they didn't mail the package during friday morning in China, I have to wait a few more days if they do it on monday.

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Add me to the list of satisfied PsxBox customers.

I placed an order, was able to make a few changes while waiting for a pre-ordered item and received everything in 7 days without any drama.

I too received some complimentary anime-themed DS-Lite skins (stickers pre-cut to DS-Lite dimensions).

Ryvius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the tracking number from them, they said they sent it through DHL, but when I input the numbers there, they say it was not found, is there a site where I can do the tracking easily?

Synthaxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered a couple of weeks ago and thought i'd add my $0.02

I sent the money via paypal and got the [paid] status about half an hour later.
I ordered a G6 Lite (wich i knew was going to take a while), passthrough 3, some external psp batteries, 1 internal psp battery and a neo 8 in 1 psppad (wich if you like devhook is a big NO!
cry.gif
).

After about a week i got an email that they'd received the chinese G6 and asked if i would want it, wich i did.
After that i heard nothing for a couple of days, so i sent off an email asking if they'd shipped it yet. They replied within the hour with an appology and a tracking number (it had allready shipped though, so no big loss).

After a total of 5 days shipping (pretty good since i'm in holland) a rather large package ended up being ripped appart for the goodies inside (it's like christmas every time
wink.gif
)

Everything was nicely packaged and survived United Package Smashers pretty well (you should have seen the laptop i won on ebay a couple of months ago
frown.gif
)

The only thing not working was the PSP battery, so i fired off an email, and a new battery is allready on it's way at no extra charge (again a reply within the hour).

All in all i can say i'm pretty happy with the whole thing, and i can safely say i'll buy there again.
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a G6lite (Chinese) and a Passcard 3 on Friday. They were very fast to respond and change my status to paid after I paid with Paypal. I got a tracking number for DHL on Sunday (Yesterday) which surprised me because I thought they were out of stock until Monday (but then the whole Time Zone concept set me straight) but as of today I still can not track it. You guys seem to be saying that it takes a few days to be able to track it so I will not worry anymore. About how long did it take you guys until the number actually did anything for you?

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first tracking number I received was for the DHL agent in China. It took about 24 hours before they sent me the actual DHL tracking number. The DHL tracking number started displaying information about 24 hours after that.

This was for an order shipping to Australia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs