PSVita 3-5 hour battery life, memory card info, games list

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh...I easily play Persona 4 for longer than that in one sitting. Oh well, not much different than the 3DS, I guess. I'll but it, but I'll anxiously be waiting for the revision (that goes for the 3DS, too).

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm still not interested, KH on vita then we'll see
tongue.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3-5 is what I expected, I can live with it. I don't see myself playing it for 3-5 hours straight without access to a charger honestly.

I never criticized the 3DS for having similar battery life and I won't criticize the Vita for it either.

EDIT: As for "degrading battery life", I feel like it varies from battery to battery. I've had my DS Phat for a long time now and it still hold a several hour charge. My old PSP 1000's battery, on the other hand, held a charge for all of a few seconds to maybe an hour if it was in a good mood.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can live with the battery life - it's the games I'm more focused on. I'm waiting until P4 launches on it to buy it (unless something else comes out that catches my fancy), but I'm just a little bummed out that the battery itself isn't replaceable. Though it's not really a big deal - I'll be bringing both my Vita and 3DS with me, so with a combined time of around 14 hours, I should be fine.

Edit
Wait, that's 3-5 hours with the Wifi/3G off? Uh...well, I don't play many games online anyway, but that's a bit odd.

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll wait until something I actually like gets put on the Vita before I even think of getting it.

The battery life isn't really a surprise or a problem, seeing as I usually only play my PSP for about an hour before I get bored. I think I'll wait for the Vita Slim & Lite.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I never criticized the 3DS for having similar battery life and I won't criticize the Vita for it either.
Say what?
unsure.gif

I've had a large number of criticisms but battery for the 3DS has never been one. You can look through every one of my posts and I doubt there will be a single one complaining about battery life. I said it's similar to the PSP battery life which I was fine with.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Say what?
unsure.gif

I've had a large number of criticisms but battery for the 3DS has never been one. You can look through every one of my posts and I doubt there will be a single one complaining about battery life. I said it's similar to the PSP battery life which I was fine with.
Can't you, though? You're Guild, you're supposed to do it. Pretty please with sugar on top?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Can't you, though? You're Guild, you're supposed to do it. Pretty please with sugar on top?

The 3DS battery is an atrocity to the battery user world. It must be made by shit and designed by fuckheads.

Not really, but you wanted me to say it.

Seriously, 3-5 hour battery seems fine to me, when you learn to live with a such shit battery as my PSP had, you learn to appreciate playing a game for more than an hour on-the-go.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's some screenshots of the new Ys game. It certainly won't push the PSV's limits Falcom games don't rend do but it looks nice. I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully XSEED will continue their partnership with Falcom and I can buy the game off PSN like I did with PSP Ys games.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Guild McCommunist said:
machomuu said:

The 3DS battery is an atrocity to the battery user world. It must be made by shit and designed by fuckheads.

Not really, but you wanted me to say it.

Seriously, 3-5 hour battery seems fine to me, when you learn to live with a such shit battery as my PSP had, you learn to appreciate playing a game for more than an hour on-the-go.
Lol handheld battery life will only bother me once they are below 2 hours. I rarely play for 2 hours in a row. Be it any game, here I thought when KH BbS comes I'll play non-stop, but played 2 hours continous max :wtf: I'm surprised by how my gaming routine has diminished so much in these 4 years. There I was in 2006 playing GunZ: The Duel for 8 hours, followed by PS2 gaming for over 10 hours...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Here's some screenshots of the new Ys game. It certainly won't push the PSV's limits Falcom games don't rend do but it looks nice. I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully XSEED will continue their partnership with Falcom and I can buy the game off PSN like I did with PSP Ys games.

Yeah, looks kinda like a PSP game but whatever.

I've never been a big Ys fan but they have great music for it at least. I'd love me some sweet tunes.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guild McCommunist said:
emigre said:

Yeah, looks kinda like a PSP game but whatever.

I've never been a big Ys fan but they have great music for it at least. I'd love me some sweet tunes.

I'm guessing Falcom are using the Ys Seven engine which explains the appearance. They did the same thing with The Oath in Falghana which used the Ys: VI engine can't say I'm fussed, it means the game is going have a good foundation.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow is that it for Sony, well I'll be getting a Vita but not any time soon the games they've shown so far aren't any thing to get my panty's in a bunch over except FFX if it is a remake and not just another HD upgrade. Sure Zone of Enders HD collection and the MG HD Collection is all good and dandy but I've never seen the point to glossing these gems in HD? Vita like its predecessor is gonna have a long long long ways to go before it hurts the 3DS in sales, I can only imagine Nintendo's gonna have one hell of a X-mas this year! I wonder how long it will be until more developers support Vita? seems like there's hardly any interest in the system, I don't know maybe its just me! lol!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Vita looks pretty good... But the only games that interest me so far are the SMT game, Gravity Daze, and the unknown Level-5 game.

Glad I got my 3DS! Having both will be a dream.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
The Vita looks pretty good... But the only games that interest me so far are the SMT game, Gravity Daze, and the unknown Level-5 game.

Glad I got my 3DS! Having both will be a dream.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
History Of events:

Nintendo announces the "3DS" Take a look inside!!!
Crowd: Hurray!!! 3D with out glasses (Crowd goes wild)
toot.gif

Sony: Where is the HD?
wtf.gif

Sony Announces "PSVita"!! HD on the go.
Crowd:
smileipb2.png
Console games on the palms of our hands!! BEAT THAT Nintendo

Nintendo announces the "Wii U" Zelda In HD and in your hands!!
Nintendo: Give me your monies!!
Crowd: "Faints in excitement"
Sony: mmm.... interesting
tpi.gif

Sony announces Vita will interact as a wireless multimedia controller with the PS3
Crowd: Just like the "Wii U" so original
bow.gif

Nintendo: WTF? This is the last time, first the remote now this?
Sony: Muahh aaahh Muahh aaahh

Nintendo announces battery life will last 3-5 Hours
Crowd: Complains BOOOOOO!!! Where is my Vita!!
Sony: S*CK it nintendo you loose.
Nintendo: will see!!

Nintendo Releases The "3DS"
Crowd: where are my games?
hate2.gif

Sony announces battery life will last 3 hours
Crowd:OMG But But its OK its HD Gaming on the go
yaypsp.gif

Nintendo: are you F*cking serious?
blink.gif

Sony: Whos the looser now
biggrin.gif