1. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    True but with that much graphics load, it makes perfect sense, 3D sucks the 3DS battery while here the HD sucks the PSV battery.

On second thought, I think I'll pass on FF X and get MGS HD Collection [​IMG] Never played an MGS game outside Peace Walker.

2. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Senegal
    IMO, I believe it's due to the quad-core processor.

Also, Sony did mention that $250 was their budget. To put it in a bad way (no offense to anyone), they might have neglected the battery...

All my thoughts though. The graphics will make it up.

3. Hop2089

Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I'm waiting to import a Vita, I don't want to just buy it for a dating sim. I'll have to pass on early adoption for the first time, because of the lack of games I want.

A new Gundam game is always nice providing it's the action/third person shooter or the GvG variety, not fond of Gihren's Greed type games.

Those memory cards are seriously overpriced when you convert yen to US dollar.

4. kaz_abdin

kaz_abdin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Final Fantasy X?!? Get in there!! Defo day-one purchase [​IMG]

5. bazzi_h

bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

Hmmm, a game by Arc System Works that's called Project N.O.E.L.S.

My money's on that it is a reference to Noel Vermillion from BlazBlue, which may mean a BlazBlue game is coming to Vita, which is likely seeing as BlazBlue ContinuumShift and ContinuumShift 2 both came out on the original PSP.

If that's the case, I'm definitely buying a vita 'cause I love me some BlazBlue!

6. Ikki

Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    Well thank god the Tales title announced is just a remake, I have no will to get this thing for now.

7. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Ahahahaha...

Worse battery life than the 3DS, more remakes than the 3DS, and more expensive than the 3DS was (Even at launch).

Where's your argument now, Sony fanboys?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not hating on the PS Vita per-say, let's call it...Karma.

8. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    They are probably like [​IMG]

9. MEGAMANTROTSKY

MEGAMANTROTSKY GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I saw "Army Corps of Hell" underneath FFX, I thought it was a subtitle.

...I'm really disappointed that it isn't.

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I think all fanboys are like little [​IMG]

Waiting on the new ip and new games and such.

I hope new titles for the vita and 3ds wouldn't be just console (enhance) ports/remakes of devs old and new games.

Most vita new titles can just be play on the ps3 now.

When is the ps4 coming to kill this "trend"?

11. prowler

prowler Sony

Zimbabwe
    We all know you hate Sony TDWP FTW, give up. The rehashes of Vita vs. 3DS in every single thread is getting boring and old now (not directly at you but at everyone)

Battery life doesn't concern me as long as the charger is not like the fucking PSP Go's. So small, you have to be sitting next to a plug socket to actually play while charging.

The memory card price is bullshit but games won't be needing to install so I think I'll be fine with a 4GB.

12. TheDarkSeed

TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    That's just as bad as a laptop's battery in 2005. Defeats the purpose.

13. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    It's a powerful handheld. Expecting it to have a long battery life is silly. The disappointment should be about the claim that it would match the PSP's battery life. Not sure if it was Sony or some other developers that made that claim.

14. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I still won't play it down, maybe it matches the PSP life with lowest brightness and no gaming? [​IMG]

15. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

I'm disappointed with these new revelations about the Vita, but I still have to have one.

I can see myself playing it while plugged in most of the time to preserve overall battery life since the system's life is tied to it.

16. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Playing while plugged in? AFAIK that destroys overall battery life, not preserves it [​IMG]

I'll get it too, cuz my PSP 2k needs a Sony mate with it. 3DS already has 3 lol.

17. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    How does that work? I keep hearing that, but I can't find a good explanation.

18. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I'm no techy guy sorry lol. But I'm saying this from experience. My DS Phats battery started going down in overall battery life under 9 months because I used to play while charging, now it runs 30mins and out of life. I never played DS lite while charging and it still goes well above 15 hours+
    Stats after 2 years:-
    DS Phat BLife - 30mins
    DS Lite - 15 hours+

Same case for Laptop, I had one before that I used to use while it was charging, and it's battery life from 3 hours came down to 40mins in a year, got a new laptop and it's battery life is still well above 2 hours (2nd year owning it, never used while charging)

Maybe it's just me, but I've also read in many places...that playing/using while charging does infact reduce overall battery life faster.

19. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    There's a combined nine ports and remakes out of nearly thirty games. I'll survive somehow. Though Ys is just going to feel like a brand new game like The Oath in Felghana did for Ys 3, which is actually a good thing.

Personally I don't get the whole fuss about the battery life, we all knew the PSV is bloody powerful so surely it was clear as day battery life was going to be on the shit site.

20. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Batteries will degrade over time via charging numerous times. However, the tech behind current batteries cuts off extra charging when they are fully charged, preventing extra degrading of the battery.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - battery, PSVita, memory